• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A guy walks into a sale and …

PeerlessK

Well-Known Member
There’s a mint pair of klipsch forte 1

pair of jbl l65a

both $700

can only buy one pair . I’ve listened to both pair now I’m sitting idle thinking the jbl l65a had some real nice sounding bass vs the forte but I’m not sure about my environment when choosing . 11x20 room . What pair and why ?
 
Register to hide this ad
Yes for sure the JBL's are worth more. the tweeters are worth more than 800$ alone.
 
Well other than the outstanding machine work and design of them, their High efficiency 105 DB at least,
HF band with from 5k-to 20K , and the fact that my 3 pairs of Big JBL's have them, as well as the L-300's
and other 70's,80's90's and even later JBL premium speakers used them.
 
They used the 077's HF drivers in the top of the line L300's also, the L65's are great sounding speakers as are the Forte I's. I owned both at one time.
 
L65A

If they have original nice cabinets, original drivers, original grilles, woofers not refoamed on the front of the cones, ... much more valuable.

I like the A version.
 
The L65 has good guts . . . just needs a better woofer, better midrange, and needs to be lifted off the floor to sound anywhere as good as many other JBLs of that vintage. ;)
A good number of JBL fans are disappointed in them but their value is consistent because of the UHF drivers' value and general quality of construction. Sort of like the original Century L100s whose value today is not in their sound but in their iconic look and misguided reputation—decades after becoming icons. Nostalgia.
 
In this day and age, that's quite a bargain. try and get better sounding and better looking speakers for less$$
Should I even mention the JBL quality and design of them, as well as the designed to go together JBL sub and amp-Xover
Although there is a nice pair of l-150a's on that auction site, no connection, for just a bit more
if you don't want the separate powered sub
 
Last edited:
No way would I pay that amount for any set of speakers. Sorry.
And I don’t want subs.
I thought you just wanted to hear them??
I don't want subs, either. That's why my JBLs have 18-inch woofers in them. But I have dozens of others that don't and most cost me around $200. If I can find them in Central Virginia, you will certainly find them in your huge metropolitan area with a little effort. Good luck!
 
Back
Top Bottom