• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A "Karma Initiative"...'Stormy Monday'

I keep getting a ripped in half picture of a Quicktime file when I use the link. Problem on my end, I 'spose. I'm on Firefox 3.5.10.

I don't know FireFox (and I HATE Quicktime), but can you just right-click on the link & do a "Save As"? I know that works with XP & IE.

je
 
Need some bass. :)

Will you all be performing at Karmastock?

Excellent tune folks!:thmbsp:

Actually, Bob's bass vibrates stuff in my control room that has never vibrated on any other tune I've worked on. :D If you'd like the raw mix, I'd be happy to give you the opportunity to re-master it to your satisfaction! :thmbsp:

You pay the airfare, and we'll be there. First class, of course. :yes:

Thanks for the :thmbsp:, it's appreciated.

je
 
Who wrote the lyrics? I really like the tune, the Hammond adds a great feel to the song. And that guitar solo from about 4-5 minutes is awesome! Excellent work by all, hope that there's more where this came from! I liked the overall mix too, well done.
 
Who wrote the lyrics? I really like the tune, the Hammond adds a great feel to the song. And that guitar solo from about 4-5 minutes is awesome! Excellent work by all, hope that there's more where this came from! I liked the overall mix too, well done.

It's a T-Bone Walker tune, I think.

Yep, B3Nut really raised the bar with his Hammond, in every way- his playing, his tone, his sweet stereo recording, even down to his volume swells...the organ track is the only one that I literally dropped in to ProTools and left 100% original (OK, it got added in to the overall room reverb a touch). Really perfect work.

KevZep's previous solos (on a Tele rather than this Les Paul) are also great, and a bit more biting. Every take he sent me was usable, we just chose the one that meshed best with what we used for the final rhythm section tracks.

Thanks for the post...

je
 
Last edited:
Thanks everybody! It was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to the next project! Maybe some deep soul music!
 
Very nice jobs, folks! Another 10 tracks or so, and it will be time for the album release party :yes:
 
Great collective effort everybody! Good job on the mixing John! Looking forward to another one. Maybe some in your face R & R?
 
Great collective effort everybody! Good job on the mixing John! Looking forward to another one. Maybe some in your face R & R?

Thanks, Will...in-yer-face is my forte', it'll happen at some point. :yes: You can stop over & lay down some cowbell, I'll give you a call! :rockon:

We'll see if we can get the process smoother, and make it possible to have multiple projects going at one time. This same group is talking about another R&B/Soul tune, maybe we can get some other new folks to take on a blues &/or rock tune as well. I'm not in a position to put much time into it this summer, things should open up some ~September hopefully.

je
 
Thanks, Will...in-yer-face is my forte', it'll happen at some point. :yes: You can stop over & lay down some cowbell, I'll give you a call! :rockon:

We'll see if we can get the process smoother, and make it possible to have multiple projects going at one time. This same group is talking about another R&B/Soul tune, maybe we can get some other new folks to take on a blues &/or rock tune as well. I'm not in a position to put much time into it this summer, things should open up some ~September hopefully.

je

Yeah, I think I could handle the cowbell part OK. Let me know when you need me. :D Oh, I have also aquired an electric Mandolin now.
 
Hey, I've been lurking the site for a while and saw this thread and finally bothered to register. I play the alto sax and I'd love to contribute if possible!
 
Just listened to the Stormy Monday progress track. It is absolutely incredible!!!! It's very well mastered too. A lot of start-up groups that I see end up mastering their tracks with too much bass (so much that it obscures the rest of the song), but you guys have the bass mastered really well.
 
Just listened to the Stormy Monday progress track. It is absolutely incredible!!!! It's very well mastered too. A lot of start-up groups that I see end up mastering their tracks with too much bass (so much that it obscures the rest of the song), but you guys have the bass mastered really well.

The 'progress' track is really interesting to me, re-living how the tune evolved. Have you listened to the latest mix, too?

Thanks for the complements, I'm glad you like the sound. I guess if you use monitors that reproduce proper bass, you don't have to juice it in the mix...

je
 
Back
Top Bottom