• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Acoustic Research AR-4X capacitor replacement

isaaczzz

New Member
Picked up a pair of AR-4Xs and am trying to replace the old capacitors with new 20 µF Dayton Audio caps. I'm referencing this photo (from this guide) for wiring but the insides of my speakers don't quite look the same (pic attached). I assume the big beige block is the capacitor. Can I just clip the blue and green wires leading to the beige block and wire in the new Dayton Audio cap? Which one is positive and which is negative? I don't have a multimeter with a capacitance measurement setting. :(
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20201129_235128327.jpg
    PXL_20201129_235128327.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 47
Register to hide this ad
8365EBFA-476A-4E6A-A0B6-97BF0D17AD06.jpeg CE1D57C2-2804-4B72-A02E-89DA6C6DA6F9.jpeg 074BD01E-7F14-4CAC-918E-BFD0F2F5488E.jpeg Yes. Just clip and strip the blue and green wires right where they exit the block capacitor. Then attach your Dayton.
 
Back
Top Bottom