I have used same for CNC Phono.
Regards,
Sachin
I used this Hammond enclosure, which was big enough to work in, but not too big:
http://angela.com/hammonddiecastaluminum739x472x206enclosure1590d.aspx
It's 7.39" x 4.72" x 2.06" -- it's pretty plain aluminum, but works for me. I do kind of like that other case with the top that bends over the sides. Seems like it would provide easy access.
Makes changing opamps, etc. a bit more work but I tend to build my project and stop fiddling (as I tend to break things if I fiddle too much).
I suggest everyone to try Russion PETP K73-16 caps.Tey are inexpensive and will outperform most of the exotic caps.They are available here http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-2uF-63V-P...642?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d3011027a
I have no affiliation with the seller just a happy customer.I have suggested these caps to few members and they all have found vast improvement over Wima's or Panasonic.There is a good read here abut these caps http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/143675-petp-capacitors-one-best.html
Regards,
Sachin
Hi, I'm curious about the voltage, it's only 63 volts, there are other K73 PETP's available at larger voltages, any thoughts?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-2uF-160V-...pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2eb8138ee8
Cool, Thanks looks like I'll order the K73-16
Cheers,
Kirk
Mind you that I have never been one to get heavily into capacitor swapping and whatever "sound" they may or may not impart...but the mention of these Russian caps got me curious so I did a little research. It seems that PETP is polyester. The WIMA caps specified for this project are polypropylene, which are pretty widely accepted to be superior in audio applications. Some folks on the audio internet like the PETPs, others say they aren't very good. YMMV.
Like I said, I have no experience with these caps, and have never specifically compared polyester vs polypropylene, but just thought I would throw this out there.
I noticed the same thing, it would be good to have a side by side comparison as maybe they are constructed differently.
Which carts? I'm running 1.2K ohms gain for a .2mV cart with no noise, but not into a passive. You can probably push it further.
An LOMc DL-103M and a VLOMC/lo-'Z' O'fon MC20MkII, The O'fon recommends a 10^ loading FWIW. I'm pre-setting FB at 1.5k for both.