• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ADC Accutrac 4000, looking for manuals

If you replace the cartridge with any one other than the original (ADC LMA-1, I am pretty sure), then you would lose the automatic functions. As rrres said, getting a replacement RLMA-1 stylus (or having yours rebuilt?) is a better plan if you can do it.
 
I forgot to post an update here... The summary is, I have this turntable set up as my main record player, and it works very well. :)

I adjusted the 12-inch-record stylus landing point (the adjustment near the tonearm base), but I have not tried to adjust or improve the rest point for the tonearm. I bought a new stylus for this machine, though the old one seems fine too. The one remaining task is to lubricate or clean the remote control's buttons because they are intermittent. I bought a replacement for the missing "globe" remote signal receiver, and it works fine.
 
W
I forgot to post an update here... The summary is, I have this turntable set up as my main record player, and it works very well. :)

I adjusted the 12-inch-record stylus landing point (the adjustment near the tonearm base), but I have not tried to adjust or improve the rest point for the tonearm. I bought a new stylus for this machine, though the old one seems fine too. The one remaining task is to lubricate or clean the remote control's buttons because they are intermittent. I bought a replacement for the missing "globe" remote signal receiver, and it works fine.
What stylus number did you use as a replacement? Does the new one effect the light sensor.
 
Hi, aurora01. I bought a Pfanstiehl 112DEX on Ebay, new in the package. It is a "real" ADC RLMA1 stylus that Pfanstiehl re-sold apparently. That is the exact proper one, with the open area for the optical sensor.

If you have not heard/seen this before, I did see a comment that if you have an original stylus with its special shell, you can put any other ADC actual stylus element into that shell by carefully pulling it out of the rubber mount of the "common" ADC shell (an XLM or QLM stylus?) and sliding it into the original LMA shell.
 
I bought one of these new. Had it from 1978-85–alongside Technics TTs. I enjoyed it. Great conversation starter. Pretty cool and futuristic. Probably mostly bells and whistles, compared to other TTs that cost the same or less (it wasn’t cheap). I’ll just add that, even then, the cartridge sensor didn’t always read the tracks correctly, especially on songs that bled one into the next. You should check out the Columbo episode in which it stars.

Have fun!
 
Hi, aurora01. I bought a Pfanstiehl 112DEX on Ebay, new in the package. It is a "real" ADC RLMA1 stylus that Pfanstiehl re-sold apparently. That is the exact proper one, with the open area for the optical sensor.

If you have not heard/seen this before, I did see a comment that if you have an original stylus with its special shell, you can put any other ADC actual stylus element into that shell by carefully pulling it out of the rubber mount of the "common" ADC shell (an XLM or QLM stylus?) and sliding it into the original LMA shell.
Thank you I’ll look into grabbing one of those mine is fine but would like a spare.
 
Back
Top Bottom