Here's my dilemma. I have a pair of ADS L1290 speakers that I've enjoyed for a few years, but I've recently acquired some Snell Type D's that I prefer for a larger, somewhat imposing speaker.
I've always wanted a pair of L1090's, due to their smaller size (better fit for my room), but have not been able to find any at a decent price. Several months ago I found two pairs of 1090 woofers and crossovers, and planned on waiting until I found some tweeters and mids so I could build some over-built cabinets and re-create them (possibly improved over original). The tweeters/mids seem to be very rare and/or expensive, though, and I am running out of patience.
I could build the L1090's, use the mids/tweets from my L1290's, part out the rest of the L1290's, or sell the L1290's and wait to see if some more mid/tweets appear.
I hate to part out a desirable speaker, but getting my investment back from them, and waiting for the right deal on more mids/tweets seems a long shot.
Any opinions or perspectives I haven't considered would be appreciated.
I've always wanted a pair of L1090's, due to their smaller size (better fit for my room), but have not been able to find any at a decent price. Several months ago I found two pairs of 1090 woofers and crossovers, and planned on waiting until I found some tweeters and mids so I could build some over-built cabinets and re-create them (possibly improved over original). The tweeters/mids seem to be very rare and/or expensive, though, and I am running out of patience.
I could build the L1090's, use the mids/tweets from my L1290's, part out the rest of the L1290's, or sell the L1290's and wait to see if some more mid/tweets appear.
I hate to part out a desirable speaker, but getting my investment back from them, and waiting for the right deal on more mids/tweets seems a long shot.
Any opinions or perspectives I haven't considered would be appreciated.