• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ADS l610 Tweeter Not as Bright as the Other

Choitze

New Member
I just bought a pair of ADS l620s. They sound amazing, but I have noticed that one of the tweeters is just not quite as loud or bright as the other. Both tweeters work and the less bright one still sounds good, just not AS good as the other one. Sounds like it is lacking a bit of definition and clarity vs the other one. I checked the polarity and tried it swapped too. No change. I checked the tweeter fuses in the back and are both in great shape (I swapped them with no change in sound quality). I tried swapping speakers between channels to see if it was an issue with my amp but no change. Is this a crossover issue? Has anyone had a similar issue with these speakers?

Thanks in advance.
 
Register to hide this ad
Have you tried swapping the actual tweeter between speakers? If it follows the tweeter that’s your issue. If the problem stays with the same speaker it’s probably the xover (capacitor(s))
 
I think some of these have ferro fluid in the if a swap doesn't work perhaps swap them and id the issue follows check the caps. Replace if required. Also contact Richard So for a rebuild on both.
 
Back
Top Bottom