• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ADS L620 Value

Flounder

Active Member
Hi All.
I've been ADS curious lately, and have been looking for a pair of L520 or L620 speakers. Any idea what these would be going for? And would they play well with low powered EL84 tubes too?
 
Register to hide this ad
Some say the ADS mid range is where the magic is but there are quite a few devotees of the 420/520/620. I'd love to hear one of those sometime.

Based on the ADS market around here (Seattle area) I'd guess the 620 would be listed in the $200-300 range, 520 for roughly 50 bucks less.
 
I just hooked up to a little EL84 maggie. I have 5 pairs of ADS, but not the L520 or L620. I haven't tried the ones I have because I thought they would come off a little under powered and too laid back. Just thinking now I have some 300c I might try.

So a little off topic, I hooked up the little EL84 to a pair of Frazier MkIVa and they are a really nice match, So much so that I will see to it that the maggie gets a good look through so as to be everything she should be. Even at 96db efficiency, the lower end on the Fraziers can exhaust the amp fairly easily when approaching medium loud level

I love the ADS sound, but I think it wouldn't be the best match for a low powered tube set.
 
Back
Top Bottom