• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ADS Speakers Picture Thread

Here are some odds and ends for your perusal... don't have any glamor shots of the big speakers (L1230, L1590/2, L1290) or powered subs on hand but I did find a bunch of smaller stuff.

HT300:
DSC_0138.JPG


HT400LCR:
DSC_0169.JPG DSC_0170.JPG

Accessory cradle for using HT400LCR horizontally, as intended:
DSC_0178.JPG

One-off HT800 towers, on Bell'o stands from several years ago:
HT system pics 5-22-2011 001_1024x768.jpg

one of the numerous pairs of C400i/s installed in the house, this one is a rear surround used with the A/V system above, installed in the half-wall that separates the family room from the kitchen:
HT system pics 5-22-2011 002_1024x768.jpg

nice new L210W:
DSC_0191.JPG
DSC_0192.JPG

One of the pair of L400 from my old office, on F400 stand, and the stand by itself:
file-15.jpeg DSC_0233.JPG

John
 
I’ve had a pair of ADS 2002s 12V biamplified speakers since 1981; I think these date back to 1977. They were part of a Nakamichi 250 cassette system for cars, think high-end Porsche and BMW. D95F18EE-A566-4F1A-B518-BD0AEE471224.jpeg I’ve listened to these daily for the past 40 years, in a variety of systems. The one on the left is one of my originals, the other is one of a pair of NOS I sold on eBay a while back.

I’ve had a bunch of biamplified speakers used in different editing systems over the years, Yamaha, Mackie, JBL, but these are my ‘ur’ speakers.
 
Not just for cars, the system was designed for AC/DC use. It's powered by the 250 or 350 deck when used with those in a car, and by an AC power supply when used at home or when traveling. The components could be purchased separately (meaning the 2002 system which comprised these speakers and the same-sized AC supply), or either deck and those also had variations for power source) or you could package them together in a utility case. I've owned pretty much all of those at one time or another... sold off a beat-up 350+2002 suitcase system recently, but still have one or two sets of 2002 incl. one mint system in the orig. ADS box and some spare drivers also, and 250 and 350 decks I picked up separately.

We used a 250/2002 system on ski trips back when I was in Colorado - made for a damned nice room stereo at the hotel!

John
 
Last edited:
If ya ever want to sell a pair....hit me up. Beautiful speaks!
C-Pop,
I appreciate the interest. Not right now. Really, your too far away anyway, IMO.
I don't think L880s are difficult to find, atleast in Chicago area. But, they were originally sold in this area. Maybe depends where you are.
 
C-Pop,
I appreciate the interest. Not right now. Really, your too far away anyway, IMO.
I don't think L880s are difficult to find, atleast in Chicago area. But, they were originally sold in this area. Maybe depends where you are.

Understood. I'm in the Louisville KY area. I would travel to pick up a clean pair of 710,810,880 or 1090's..
I appreciate the feedback!
 
Back
Top Bottom