• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ADS Speakers Picture Thread

Really interesting arrangement of the high frequency, drivers wonder what they were trying to achieve?
The BC8 Broadcast Monitor's dual tweeters were not meant to be both used at once. For both the vertical and horizontal positioning of the enclosure, the tweeter directly above the midrange was switched on while the other one was switched off. This maintained better & similar horizontal dispersion in either speaker position.
 
It’s really not that far 15 feet I mean, I do have binoculars for the subtitles.
Speaker and listening position was and is more important to me than viewing distance.

You’ve convinced me I’ll just have to get a bigger TV at the end of the year.
70" minimum.
 
This is late night visitation.
Listening to Chad Wackerman’s “ scream”.View attachment 3571295
Christmas decor in August? Not judging.

Nice setup and room.

Off topic:
BTW, nice clock. From Black Forest?
My family heirloom here.
20250810_120231.jpg
20250810_121120.jpg
My L880/1 with Canton Karat 200 above. These Cantons with soft domes, have a similar to ADS sound.
Also have L880/2 and L470/2 sets.
 
Last edited:
I don’t make judgments when watching his videos. I enjoy them. They’re interesting. Maybe he’s right maybe he’s not? having said all of that.

I would love to see someone send Danny Richie, GR Research, a pair of ADS loudspeakers, preferably one of the large models. I would loan him my 1530s, be fascinated in the measurements he would get and his opinion and recommendations.

Unfortunately, I live just a little too far away.

Opinions?
 
Christmas decor in August? Not judging.

Nice setup and room.

Off topic:
BTW, nice clock. From Black Forest?
My family heirloom here.
View attachment 3571542
View attachment 3571555
My L880/1 with Canton Karat 200 above. These Cantons with soft domes, have a similar to ADS sound.
Also have L880/2 and L470/2 sets.
I'm looking at your ADS' and thinking, "hmm, badges at the top?". Then it dawned on me one only needs to rotate the grill and badge.
I have L470/2 and L570/2. There's something special about those 470's.

Back in the day you could cruise down Route 128 in Wilmington, MA and see the ADS building. Who remembers the signs on 128, "America's Technology Highway"?

1754862547868.png
 
I'm looking at your ADS' and thinking, "hmm, badges at the top?". Then it dawned on me one only needs to rotate the grill and badge.
I have L470/2 and L570/2. There's something special about those 470's.

Back in the day you could cruise down Route 128 in Wilmington, MA and see the ADS building. Who remembers the signs on 128, "America's Technology Highway"?

View attachment 3571793
I rotated the grills, so the dust barrier cloth backing protects the domes, somewhat.
 
I love 'em when they are working! Once I fixed all those d**n spade lug connections and adjusted the spacing of the grilles so they weren't touching the midrange domes, I've been very happy. Now all I have to do is keep all my vintage gear working! </rant>
 
Back
Top Bottom