• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Air Guns

I had a Crossman 760, 766 and some .22 caliber model when I was still in the States. I loved them.

That .22 had some real power!
 
I'm really interested in a PCP with some sort of shrouded barrel. And with a multi shot magazine.

Does anyone have any experience with this type?

I have. Benjamin Pump in .20 and a Hi-score break barrel in .177.

The Benjamin is more powerful but not very accurate. The hi-score is nice out to 25 feet maybe 40 but not much more.

I'm interested in something I can take a coyote with without waking the neighbors.

Thanks

Eric
 
Does anyone have any experience with this type?
Having been thru more than a dozen various airguns in the past i am a full PCP convert.

Best bang for the buck PCP entry right now is the single shot Benjamin Discovery, affectionately nicknamed the "Disco". 2000 psi maximum fill pressure makes it easily charged with a hand pump. It's unshrouded, but there are various moderators available that reduce it's report significantly. My disco has bagged a **** ton of small game and pests with great accuracy and dependability.

BNM Customs makes an affordable multi shot breech and and shroud for the Disco.

The next step up the ladder(in terms of entry fee) would be the Benjamin Marauder(aka M-rod). A bit harder to hand pump with a 2600PSI max fill. it has a full shrouded. Is claimed to produce more energy, greater range, and higher accuracy. I could not get my M-rod to group worth a poop, so down the road it went.

I'm currently working with a good friend to build our own compressor using the onboard HPA compressor from an F4 Phantom as we have both started moving up the big bore ladder.

Hand pumping my Hatsan BT65 to 3000PSI isn't something i'm going to do many times, and the Evanix Tactical Sniper in 9mm/.357 has a very limited 5 shot string in the sweet spot per fill. You folks that have access to dive/scuba shops have a BIG advantage.

Benjamin Pump in .20
Sounds like a Sheridan Blue Streak. Have you used a chemical paint remover to get the paint out of the end of the barrel from the manufacturing process?

Also beware that barrel is brass, and should NEVER be cleaned with a rod or brush.

I have the Benji 392 pumper(.22 cal) it will drive tacks out to 25 maybe 30 yards.
 
Last edited:
I've been entertaining the idea of a Disco for a good year now, but think it may be too much bite for my yard. One of them with the full BNM mods would be awesome!
 
One of them with the full BNM mods would be awesome!
The TKO "muzzle brake" is a very reasonable alternative to the cost of a full shroud and breech kit. It will drastically reduce the report, to the point where the pellet impacting the target is louder.

The stock Disco trigger is crap, BPC in fact. A 44 dollar aftermarket brass fully adjustable trigger converts the Disco from a heavy duty plinker, to a serious shooting/small game hunting platform.

$_35.JPG


1.jpg
 
What is the point to use an air gun instead of a firearm? More of a challenge?

Cost and skill, depending. How much power is needed to punch paper or make a can dance anyway, and how bout shooting in one's own yard instead of going to a range?
Also, mastering a spring piston gun is a satisfying skill.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I've owned a few incl some that Grumpy owns now. He has my old brass Crosman pistol, my Beeman R7 and R10, and my Webley Premier - II pistol, now all his. I've also owned a Crosman 1950's pumper 22 as my first, Webley Vulcan, Beeman Daisy dual piston 177 pistol, Sheridan blue streak, all gone somewhere else.
I still have a 177 Feinwerkbau 124 sport, Feinwerkbau 300S mini, RWS Diana 22 cal model 48 on a Tyrolean stock with Macarri scope, Benjamin Silver Streak (needing tlc), Webley Beeman C1, Beeman P1 pistol, Beeman HW 70 pistol, And my father's Hy Score Concentric 177 pistol. Nailer has my Webley Beeman 177 Tempest pistol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Not exactly correct.

If you study the diaries, the Giordono rifle was always mentioned being used for the same thing. Peace through superior firepower, as the rifle was used in a dramatic exhibition/demonstration to the natives they encountered.

Thanks for the clarification.:thmbsp:
 
Also, mastering a spring piston gun is a satisfying skill.

Heck yeah it is. The artillery hold was a little hard to get the hang of at first. I had to force myself from choking up on the fore-stock as I was accustomed to with a powder burner.
 
I have a Beeman R9 that I have been very happy with. Regarding PCP's, I have wasted plenty of time watching Ted Hold Over videos on you tube.
 
My problem with PCPs is with the cost /benefit compared to small calibre rimfire, plus PCP like CO2 lacks the self contained elegance of a springer or pumper pneumatic.
Otoh, I know my FWB 300S was the endgame of Olympic grade competition spring piston airguns dating to the early 1980s, and PCPs pretty much dominate serious competition airgunning since.



Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
I've owned a few incl some that Grumpy owns now. He has my old brass Crosman pistol, my Beeman R7 and R10, and my Webley Premier - II pistol, now all his. I've also owned a Crosman 1950's pumper 22 as my first, Webley Vulcan, Beeman Daisy dual piston 177 pistol, Sheridan blue streak, all gone somewhere else.
I still have a 177 Feinwerkbau 124 sport, Feinwerkbau 300S mini, RWS Diana 22 cal model 48 on a Tyrolean stock with Macarri scope, Benjamin Silver Streak (needing tlc), Webley Beeman C1, Beeman P1 pistol, Beeman HW 70 pistol, And my father's Hy Score Concentric 177 pistol. Nailer has my Webley Beeman 177 Tempest pistol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I didn't shoot that squirrel, officer.
 
I have enough Crosmans to spell Crosman.
:thmbsp:

I have a couple 1322's and a Backpacker in various states of mod, they're a modders/tinkerer's dream. Amazing what you can take them to over a stock version.
 
I've owned a few incl some that Grumpy owns now. He has my old brass Crosman pistol, my Beeman R7 and R10, and my Webley Premier - II pistol, now all his. I've also owned a Crosman 1950's pumper 22 as my first, Webley Vulcan, Beeman Daisy dual piston 177 pistol, Sheridan blue streak, all gone somewhere else.
I still have a 177 Feinwerkbau 124 sport, Feinwerkbau 300S mini, RWS Diana 22 cal model 48 on a Tyrolean stock with Macarri scope, Benjamin Silver Streak (needing tlc), Webley Beeman C1, Beeman P1 pistol, Beeman HW 70 pistol, And my father's Hy Score Concentric 177 pistol. Nailer has my Webley Beeman 177 Tempest pistol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I bought a .20 cal Beeman R10 and Beeman .177 cal HW70 in 1989. Well made German guns.
 
How you doing with that thing?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Have zeroed it in at 12/13 yards and am tightening my accuracy, but not lately. It's suppose to get warm up soon and am planning to putting around 50 more group tightening rounds through it. Then I'll see if it's up to thinning the squirrel population.
 
Back
Top Bottom