• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

"Aiwa" AD 6900 versus "Akai" GX-760D

Register to hide this ad
I'm a big fan of the GXC-760 and can tell it also has frontpanel bias control. I have never owned any Aiwa decks, but from what I can tell the AD 6900 looks to be a very nice deck as well indeed. Mostly it will depend of course on the state they are in.

So maybe you can buy them both, get them in optimal shape and find out which is best? You'll sell the other easily.
 
Buy both of them, I woul like that, but I ain't have the money.
"Akai" haves manual bias adjusment with the rec calibration?
 
Yes, assuming we mean the same thing. A tone generator you set the record levels to, with the monitor in "source". Then start recording and adjust to the tape until the meters sit at 0vu again in "tape" mode.

call.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom