• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

AK Fest V.2.0 - NEW HOTEL

Negotiableterms

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Subscriber
Please take a look at the front page, and see that AK Fest 2008 is now at the Embassy Suites in Livonia, MI. It's a huge upgrade, and we're set to have the best Fest ever!
 
Register to hide this ad
OK just since this kind of freaked me out :sigh: sitting here with my airplane ticket and hotel reservations all in hand. Thinking I was all set for traveling half way across the country for the most expensive weekend I've had since I went to Europe.


When you say closer to the airport you mean the Detroit Airport?

And I assume I need to cancel any room reservations made at Howard Johnson's in Southfield post haste?
 
Party on!


AK_Stereophile_AD3ES2.jpg
 
OK just since this kind of freaked me out :sigh: sitting here with my airplane ticket and hotel reservations all in hand. Thinking I was all set for traveling half way across the country for the most expensive weekend I've had since I went to Europe.


When you say closer to the airport you mean the Detroit Airport?

And I assume I need to cancel any room reservations made at Howard Johnson's in Southfield post haste?


Mark,

Yes to both questions. We will make certain you have reservations at the new hotel.
 
googlemaps says

19525 Victor Parkway
Livonia, MI 48152, United States
(734) 462-6000
 
Looks like the rack rate is about $150 - but looks like a much nicer venue!

Were you able to swing a deal for (sleeping) rooms?
 
Mark,

Yes to both questions. We will make certain you have reservations at the new hotel.


I'm all over canceling the old reservations. And being closer tot he airport is a great deal for me since I'm coming in early Sat morning and have to leave around 8pm Sunday. A few more minutes at the Fest is a good thing Sunday evening I'm told.
 
There's a great deal for $99, which includes breakfast and happy hour. The websites will catch up shortly.

Thats a great deal! Is there a special code to give? We'll be checking airfare this weekend. We've held off because we hated that other place.:yuck:
 
DO NOT call the new hotel yet. The festival has not yet been entered in to their computers. If you do you will likely be charged the 150 regular rate. Please be patient.

As soon as it is I will let everyone know. Thank you

Grumpy
 
Our website has now been partially updated to reflect the new venue. The advertisements in Stereophile, AudioXpress and the up and coming local papers will reflect this as well.

If you by chance call the hotel direct and they do not know of our special pricing group code ( AK Fest 08 ) then you have been kicked to the hotels national call center. It takes a little longer for them to update their computers with this code information.

By Tuesday we will have a link on the festivals website that will allow you to directly book your reservation on it.

Lots more info coming soon so please be sure to check back often and book those rooms soon ! Thank you

Grumpy
 
It took me four days to make a reservation at the old site; now l wonder if l will be able to cancel as their phone system doesn't function. :tears:

Glad we are moving any tips on how to cancel for those members that have booked already?
 
By the way please excuse my whining above, l can only imagine the work this move will create for Dave and the crew that helps him.


Wait a minute l cannot imagine, a better word should be appreciate. Now if l find a quick and easy way to cancel l will post it to help other AK members.
 
Back
Top Bottom