• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Akai SW-127

Amcrebelfan

Super Member
I got some Akai sw-127 speakers for free, they are in mint condition. Does anyone have any information on these? Thanks in advance.
 
Register to hide this ad
No info on these? I am using a Sansui G-5700 is that to much for these or just fine? Any help would be appreciated.
 
Thanks for the picture link Sebastiona... I can't find anything on these little guys the sound pretty decent though.
 
Aloha from Hawaii! This is my first-ever AK post.

I bought a pair of SW 127's in high school (1979/80?) as part of a cheap Akai system (receiver, turntable, speakers). The rest died over twenty years ago but the mint-condition speakers still lull me to sleep at night as part of my bedroom system. Never had any problems with them, and now their old-school looks make them conversation pieces. Weight-wise, they do seem pretty hefty for their size and low price.
 
Thanks Vibrato for the reply. I really like these speakers they sound great and all of the foam looks new. I can't complain at all. I wish I was in Hawaii right now, midwest cold is setting in. Never been to Hawaii but have always dreamed about it since watching Hawaii Five 0 and Magnum Pi with my Dad while growing up.
 
SW127s

Yeah, life is pretty good here in Hawaii--unless you like having money left over after paying your astronomically high rent or mortgage!

I attached a couple of pics of my SW127s, esp. to show the basic ohm and watt stats (in case your pair didn't still have it).

When the rest of the system died, the speakers got mothballed for a few years while I wore out a Technics system (except for the SL-D3 turntable).

Now that I'm officially a "vintage 2-channel aficionado," the SW 127s actually seem to sound better than they did before!
 
Back
Top Bottom