• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Allen 90's get some luv on the bay !

Register to hide this ad
Interesting that they took all that time to do all those photographs, but couldn't spend 5 minutes with a can of air and a small paintbrush to dust them off :dunno:
 
Almost double what i got for most of mine. But, since 3+ years have passed i think it's fairly relative, and i'm still happy.
 
Wonder what they would bring if they were all cleaned up, ugly labels removed, and presented well? Maybe add a few nice 6550s.

Nice amps still.
 
Wonder what they would bring if they were all cleaned up, ugly labels removed, and presented well? Maybe add a few nice 6550s.

Nice amps still.

Rumor has it,and it seems to be confirmed by independent sources,the 75's are better suited to Hi-Fi. :music:
The gold chassis' are more appealing to the eye,but I'm thinking black chassis' with silver tranny covers.Frames are in the design stage,and long term the possibility of cages is strong. :thmbsp:
 
Rumor has it,and it seems to be confirmed by independent sources,the 75's are better suited to Hi-Fi. :music:
The gold chassis' are more appealing to the eye,but I'm thinking black chassis' with silver tranny covers.Frames are in the design stage,and long term the possibility of cages is strong. :thmbsp:

Th Quicksilver look. That should be nice. :yes:
 
Interesting...outside of the 6550 output tubes, that tube lineup looks to be identical to the RCA MI-12188/A amplifiers.
 
Rumor has it,and it seems to be confirmed by independent sources,the 75's are better suited to Hi-Fi. :music:
The gold chassis' are more appealing to the eye,but I'm thinking black chassis' with silver tranny covers.Frames are in the design stage,and long term the possibility of cages is strong. :thmbsp:

I've heard both, and at least on the implementations I heard there wasn't a whole lot of difference in sound. I don't know if Allen expected different things out of them, since 90's and 75's (either singly, or in pairs) were often the only amps in fairly large console/satellite speaker configurations. While not completely interchangeable, the 2 configurations were used in similar applications.
 
I wouldn't say either the 90 or 75 is better suited then the other for HIFI use.

There just different, with the 90 being beefier and I prefer the tube rectification
on the 90 with the high voltages of these guys power supplies, so I prefer the 90.
(the 75 is a "bit" easier of a rebuild for HIFI, or at least can be)
 
Dead Beat Buyer, OR shill bid seller. There are a few of them out there, most of us know who they are. I think there is a thread about the guy in vegas around here somewhere.
 
Back
Top Bottom