• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Allison One

Register to hide this ad
Those have been for sale for awhile. I saw them a few months ago, I think. The same ones are on ebay for $899.

Maybe it's just the lighting, but to me it looks like the re-foam glue was put on with a bucket and broom. Cabs are pretty rough. I'll keep my $400 Cornwalls.
 
Those have been for sale for awhile. I saw them a few months ago, I think. The same ones are on ebay for $899.

Maybe it's just the lighting, but to me it looks like the re-foam glue was put on with a bucket and broom. Cabs are pretty rough. I'll keep my $400 Cornwalls.

Ah very interesting. I’ve tried to communicate with the seller and no reply. Wasn't up for a long drive anyway so your reply has helped speed up the decision. I’ll stick with my Epicure 20+ and JBL’s.
 
All I can say is people who have them here love them, and owning some 2 way Allison's the tweeters are great. To this day I dont not think I have seen any other tweeter with as good of an off axis response.

They will need to be set up per the manual so make sure you have a room that will accomplish that.

Something you should listen to in person just to say you have, I know I would love to spend some time with them
 
They are excellent speakers. Sellers speakers are actually in great shape with all 4 tweeters and mids being blemish free which is rare to see. They are like a more refined Boston acoustics A series speakers.
 
The refoaming looks fine to me, not that much extraneous cement. These are great speakers if you have the space, and yes, those tweeters are awesome. Allison called them an "inverted cone".
 
I know your more an AR guy. The L7’s use 035ti tweeter that can be labeled bright by some folks.

I love the East Coast sound. But I have 2 pairs of JBL's which I really enjoy as well. I think my gear is more on the warmish side(especially now with a McIntosh C11 pre) so even so called "bright" speakers are usually ok, especially when I can fiddle with tone controls some. Plus my not that far away from 65 year old ears are not that sensitive anymore.
 
The edges of the surrounds seem to be uneven and/or have excess glue. Probably doesn't affect function - just eye candy.
 
After checking other examples, there is something about the materials that reflect light differently. I retract my previous comments.
 
I have a pair and like them quite a bit.That broken grill in the pics will be almost impossible to replace.
 
Back
Top Bottom