• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Allison One

I have a pair and like them quite a bit.That broken grill in the pics will be almost impossible to replace.
Yeah, those Allison grilles didn't age well. They're made of some sort of vaccuformed (I assume) plastic that gets very brittle with age. Presumably they could be replaced with new wood-framed grilles.
 
Yeah, those Allison grilles didn't age well. They're made of some sort of vaccuformed (I assume) plastic that gets very brittle with age. Presumably they could be replaced with new wood-framed grilles.

If I get the speakers, grilles aren't important. I would leave them off anyway. His sound like they are very frail and so I won't tempt fate with them.
 
Not much of a fan of the music, but a video like this, plus this thread, has me drooling at the prospect of owning these dang speakers. Pray for me(just kidding).

 
ah bell bottoms, lava lamps, platform shoes, 'flying nun' collars...what's not to love brother man
 
I own a pair going on 15 years now. Love mine, yes the grills are very brittle but the sound is awesome.

I had 3 of the 4 mids reformed and recoated by MillerSound last August. They are now owned by my wife.

Awesome and unique sound.
 
Boy, they seem to be a bit expensive for Ones. They are nice speakers though.

We need @baco99 to chime in.

$750 for Allison Ones with the foam done correctly is a good deal in this market, even with the veneer issues and some cracks holes in the grilles. $1000 is closer to where they should be value-wise if the cosmetics were cleaned up.

They are a beautiful speaker. We have a set of the Twos at the shop now and they are equally special, but with a little less low-end kick. But not enough missing that it really detracts from the music. The Ones have it all. Place them pretty much anywhere in a room, flat against the wall.
 
Boy, they seem to be a bit expensive for Ones. They are nice speakers though.

We need @baco99 to chime in.

This is the San Francisco/Bay Area. Perhaps things still can be found for reasonable prices where you're at, but out here, those days are pretty much long gone.

That said, these don't seem to be that out of line price wise from my research.
 
The seller has seemingly ghosted me again. Have no clue as to what's going on with him but can't get him to respond to several emails and texts I've sent. Very bizarre. The speakers are still listed, and even if they weren't you would think he could take a minute to respond. Assuming he's not dead or something.

Then again, that seems to happen a lot these days.

UPDATE: Just heard from the seller through email. Evidently parts of the area that he lives in has reverted to 10 digit dialing, which means that he never received my texts because my iPhone automatically adds a "1" when using the phone number for text. There doesn't seem to be any settings that can change this, at least that I have found(there is the option of shutting off "Dial Assist" but that doesn't fix the problem).

In any case, he is bringing the speakers to me on Friday! He confirmed that while cosmetically they are a little rough(which I don't care about) they sound great, all drivers working as they should, etc.

Suffice to say my excitement has reached peak levels after all of this.

Thanks to everybody for chiming in. Much appreciated.
 
Last edited:
UPDATE: Just heard from the seller through email. Evidently parts of the area that he lives in has reverted to 10 digit dialing, .

Ah, yes. They just split our area code. I had to go in and add area codes to all of my contacts. Luckily I don't have many.

Glad it's working out.
 
Ah, yes. They just split our area code. I had to go in and add area codes to all of my contacts. Luckily I don't have many.

Glad it's working out.

Thanks!

I was able to add him to my contacts without using the "1", and resent text. Will see if it works.
 
Make sure you hook up to verify proper functionality along with crossover switches before you fork over the cash.
 
Back
Top Bottom