• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Altec 604 in non ported cabinets

Wonderful speakers, and those amps look awesome! A very pretty system, and knowing how a friends 604s sound, I bet you get fantastic nights of music listening bliss.
 
Wonderful speakers, and those amps look awesome! A very pretty system, and knowing how a friends 604s sound, I bet you get fantastic nights of music listening bliss.
Thankyou for the kind words! I have to say honestly, i chased sonic bliss for years, always wondering if i could do better. I think as i have gotten older, hopefully wiser, i may finally be satisfied with speakers. These Altecs, and some big EV theater type speakers gave scratched the “endless pursuit” itch. As for the Magnavox amps, i have owned a multitude of tube and SS amps, and i keep coming back to these, or a resto/mod 9304 console amp. Meanwhile, i have ANK mono blocks, Will Vincent, Heathkit UA-1s, among others... gathering dust!! That will give you an idea of how i feel about how the Maggies sound vs $$$. I love them!
 
Thanks. Very cool. They used the same cabinet as the speakers. Not just matching style.
They did, and now all polished up, they look super in a row. But alas, i have no Mcintosh gear to fill the rack (honestly not my favorite), maybe i will modify it to fit my Sansui or tube gear! It is currently set up for a Pan-loc equipped preamp and tuner, maybe a larger amp in the top opening.
 
Do you have any tube amps with the center channel option? Three Altecs in a row. Just being a jealous enabler.
 
Do you have any tube amps with the center channel option? Three Altecs in a row. Just being a jealous enabler.
Lol,i currently do not. I have mostly Monos. I don’t think i have any three channel amps currently... somebody sure did love the cabinet style, and took good care of them
 
Back
Top Bottom