• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Altec 846A Brochures?

Thanks, it's fun to go from "before" to "after" with a project. Just waiting on the horns to arrive and these model 19's are done.
 

Attachments

  • Cab 1 left side.JPG
    Cab 1 left side.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Cab 2 left side.JPG
    Cab 2 left side.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF3974.JPG
    DSCF3974.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 23
I have a pair of Valencias that I treasure! A young friend of my boy (Jr High age) evidently boosted himself up on one to sit on it, and swung his legs such that his feet kicked the wood grill breaking it into small pieces. Does anyone know if replacement grills are available anywhere? Or firms that repair them (particularly in the Washington, DC area)?
Bill in Virginia
 
I have a pair of Valencias that I treasure! A young friend of my boy (Jr High age) evidently boosted himself up on one to sit on it, and swung his legs such that his feet kicked the wood grill breaking it into small pieces. Does anyone know if replacement grills are available anywhere? Or firms that repair them (particularly in the Washington, DC area)?
Bill in Virginia

you sound remarkably calm, I admire that.
 
Wow, that would be hard to keep my cool on. Accident for sure but what a bummer. Hope you can find a way to restore or replace the grill. I did read somewhere someone was setting up a cnc system to make those out of a dark plastic. Maybe over at the Altec internet site someone may know.
 
Well the grills were held in place by 6 nails AND glue. They came off in pieces. Here is a shot of some preliminary sanding and fill work. I started with the worst cabinet. They are gonna turn out nice...very nice. Amazing what lies under 38 years of CRUD!
 

Attachments

  • DSCF4044.jpg
    DSCF4044.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom