• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Altec horns drivers and woofer

Drugolf

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I can pick up pairs of Altec 808-8a drivers with 811b horns and 418-8h series II woofers for $200. Yes or no?
 
Register to hide this ad
It's a very good deal for two sets of components, but what are your plans for them? Sounds like the contents of a set of PA speakers.
If you get them, grab the crossovers if they have them.

BillWojo
 
Okay, went and picked them up. I get no reading on my DMM on one of the horn drivers unfortunately , but I got the price down because of it.
Here are the utility/PA type cabs they are loaded in. I see no need to keep them, around.
0201181333_resized.jpg 0201181333a_resized.jpg 0131181206_resized.jpg
 
I started a thread on these over in the Lansing section.
I will try to salvage the cabinets, but I need to figure out how to get to the baffle to get the woofer off.
 
I started a thread on these over in the Lansing section.
I will try to salvage the cabinets, but I need to figure out how to get to the baffle to get the woofer off.

Yeah, I like those cabinets..... I'd remove the vinyl, and make them look nice somehow.

You have the backs off..... aren't the woofers screwed in from the inside?
 
The Valencia or the Model 19 was about that size, one of the consumer-market VOTT's, I can't remember which.
 
Back
Top Bottom