• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Altec Model 14 in St. Paul MN

Register to hide this ad
Those look amazing and I'd have to say that a deal like this doesn't come along very often.
Way too far away for me but I wonder if they're still there?
 
The posting is only 3 hours old and searching other threads here, the price seems to fall in the "normal" range for the model, although the sales volume isn't high.
 
The performance & realism of Model 14's Mantaray horn is remarkable. Many consider it one of Altec's best sounding horns, if not THE best.

I've seen Altec 14s sell on the auction site for more money - in condition that was FAR less.

I doubt they'll last very long.
 
Is that price really that good though?

I picked up my 19s at a garage sale for $100. But that doesn't really count.

I would have a hard time paying more than $500 for the 14s. But maybe i'm just cheap.

What do you guys think of the price?
 
Well here are some altec 14s in my area in even better condition for $1000.
Just in case anyone is interested.
https://lansing.craigslist.org/ele/5673136837.html

Unless you know something above and beyond what can be seen in the two CL ads, I don't see how the determination can be made as to which of the two pairs is in better condition.

I'm always glad to hear of low bidders. Makes my buying that much easier.

Cheers!
 
695 is not bad price at all i think. i paid 550 for mine and one woofer i had is bit discolored and did not come wit any grills....i did have them recapped them before buying from a good friend... i agree these are a very balanced speaker. if i was in area and had the money i'll buy them in a heart beat. probably one of the best complete altec offerings in my opinion. love my model 14's and probably favorite speaker ever so far.
 
I've said it before ... the Altec Model 14 is one helluva' speaker and easily one of the finest Altec consumer offerings. I could easily live with a pair as my mains for the rest of time.
 
Back
Top Bottom