• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ampex - delusional?

Register to hide this ad
Not delusional, somewhat high, but some shitty pics that won't appeal to anyone besides stereo nerds. I have that console and it is gorgeous when displayed properly.
 
Does seem high but I saw the15wpc mono blocks sell on ebay for $1300 recently :yikes:

AND, for a complete console, I'd venture there is some historic value.

IF I was close and so inclined, I may wander over with a wad of c notes and look it over and talk smack and flash cash just to see how stuck on the price it really is.
 
They turn up from time to time here, as ampex was building out of here-I am going to pick up the A-423 I bought for $300 tomorrow.
 
Utah speakers in an Ampex console? I've run into three Ampex consoles in my life and that is the most low budget one I have ever seen. Price is too high but maybe you can bargain a little.
 
Back
Top Bottom