• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

An ADS Family mug shot

This is a great reference for size comparison. The L710's are a lot smaller than I expected.

The 710 is just a tad smaller than what I think of as the standard size large bookshelf, 2 feet tall, 1 foot x 1 foot. The 710 is 21x12½x10½ so a standard bookshelf size. Not smaller...that means those others are larger. But you have a pair of the 910 so you know their size.
 
I know JBL probably had a good reason ... But the 250ti cabinet looks so ugly and difficult to fit into a room to me ... Still would happily own a pair though :)

If I were the designer and had to keep the slanted tower design ... Why not put the slope from the backside of the speaker so that the front is a more interior design friendly box

The side slant is probably to reduce the front face of the cabinet, as the drivers ascend in frequency. It keeps the cabinet face small, in comparison to the drivers, and most likely improves imaging. Makes the speaker project and image like a mini-monitor, in a full sized cabinet. If only a rearward slat had been used, while cabinet stiffness, and the lack of 4 parallel walls would benefit the design, it's imaging would probably have suffered. As configured, all of these design aspects benefit. Form follows function.

As to 4-2-7's system, Beautiful! I love the look and the gear both. And I'd love to own the ads L1230's too! Nice!
 
The side slant is probably to reduce the front face of the cabinet, as the drivers ascend in frequency. It keeps the cabinet face small, in comparison to the drivers, and most likely improves imaging. Makes the speaker project and image like a mini-monitor, in a full sized cabinet. If only a rearward slat had been used, while cabinet stiffness, and the lack of 4 parallel walls would benefit the design, it's imaging would probably have suffered. As configured, all of these design aspects benefit. Form follows function.

As to 4-2-7's system, Beautiful! I love the look and the gear both. And I'd love to own the ads L1230's too! Nice!
LOL I wasn't going to respond to that particular post...:D

Thanks
 
Back
Top Bottom