• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Another Busted Marantz 2600

Not really Paul, the 408B's are 92dB's sensitivity, and the Model Sevens beleive it or not, are barely a nosehair more efficient than the AR-9's. The official rating of the Sevens is a paltry 88dB's, but I find that harder to believe as they are noticeably louder than the 408B's at the same volume setting. But still, it takes a considerable amount of power to make both Kenwoods really sing.

I'm saddened you had such a terrible experience with your 2500, but it's unfair to write them all off from your experience with just one. Come on over and listen to mine and I will make your hair on the back of your neck stand up :yes:
 
Last edited:
Not really Paul, the 408B's are 92dB's sensitivity, and the Model Sevens beleive it or not, are barely a nosehair more efficient than the AR-9's. The official rating of the Sevens is a paltry 88dB's, but I find that harder to believe as they are noticeably louder than the 408B's at the same volume setting. But still, it takes a considerable amount of power to make both Kenwoods really sing.

I'm saddened you had such a terrible experience with your 2500, but it's unfair to write them all off from your experience with just one. Come on over and listen to mine and I will make your hair on the back of your neck stand up :yes:

If I find myself in your area.....I'll be happy to stop in. :thmbsp: Listening to another 2500 would be a blast from the past for me. Same offer to you as well, if you find yourself in Massachusetts, let me know.,.door's open here for ya!

Best,

Paul
 
Back
Top Bottom