• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Another identify this speaker post :-)

Maybe my wife made them in a previous life. She obsessively peels the stickers off all of her beer and soda bottles, can't help herself. I don't complain, she's a good drinkin' buddy. :beerchug: I also would not complain if these speakers sounded good. But you would want to know what drivers are in them... :dunno:
 
Looks like a Vifa woofer. With the Morel and cabinet effort some effort went into them.

How do they sound?
Do you know if the cut in the dustcover is a factory thing?
It is pretty darn straight and makes me think it’s designed that way
 
Well at any rate, since it’s a single and it’s very unlikely to find another, I think I’ll just pull it apart.
Are the drivers of enough interest to put up on Bartertown?
 
Do you know if the cut in the dustcover is a factory thing?
It is pretty darn straight and makes me think it’s designed that way

I've never seen one cut that way from any manufacturer before but if both are the same it's likely intentional. I'll suppose that the builder was doing measurements as the design progressed. A cut like that could correspond to a resonant peak he was attempting to attenuate. I had many discussions over the years with one speaker luminary that contended the best dust cap was no dust cap. So, that area on a midwoofer can be tweaked. You'd need to see a before & after though to know if it had the intended effect or if the second one was cut for a cosmetic match after "Well, that didn't work.".
 
I missed that it was an orphan. Without any info on the drivers it makes them harder to sell. Possible someone needs them to repair another speaker but it would be hard for the two of you to find each other if you know what I mean.

It might make a good center speaker or something like that in the meantime. Wonder what happened to its mate? I've seen thrift stores do some kooky things, they put one speaker out and the other is in the back...
 
So another piece of the puzzle (as for the drivers anyways) the woofer has a “Made in Denmark” stamp on the spider.
What kind of drivers are danish made?
 
Back
Top Bottom