• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Antenna Connector Pic Request

I use push on cables in my system, because I'm constantly switching out tuners and most of the time I'm not concerned about getting the strongest signal. I know they worked fine with the TX-1000 and 2000. One just left here a couple weeks ago. I took a push on to F adapter and tried to put push it on the T-85 although the center conductor on the T-85 is hollow, it is too big for the center conductor of a push on. The PAL adapter makes good contact actually connecting around the outside of the hollow center.
 
If you come across another 1000 or 2000 and would not mind trying the PAL female, it would be great.

The pictures I have of the connectors on the 1000 and 2000 are identical to the T-85 but without trying one, we can't be sure.

Thanks again!

Lake
 
Is this the type of antenna hook-up you are looking for?

This is from a NEC T-710E

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • NEC_T-710E_antenna_hookup_02.jpg
    NEC_T-710E_antenna_hookup_02.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 57
That looks like the PAL connector. It would appear the center post is large enough that a push on F would not make a good connection.

A push on F can go on that jack but from what it looks like in the picture wouldn't fit the same as a PAL female adapter.

Thanks for the great picture!

Lake
 
That looks like the PAL connector. It would appear the center post is large enough that a push on F would not make a good connection.

A push on F can go on that jack but from what it looks like in the picture wouldn't fit the same as a PAL female adapter.

Thanks for the great picture!

Lake

Cool. I learned something new. I just went and added some small copper wires to the center hole to add much needed resistance when I re-attached the push on F connector. It makes a tighter connection, and it seems to improve the reception :yes: (although late Sunday nights are the best reception time for me anyway, but I'm pulling in all the good San Diego stations I like). That should hold me until I get the right connectors.

Thanks!
 
You can stop into a local Radio Shack and pick up the 278-261 PAL adapter... or 278-265. The 265 looks like what I have laying around my bench but the description favors the 261.

I can't keep them straight and the pics on their web site never show the PAL end so it's impossible to tell which one works unless you get the whole male/female thing right. PAL jacks/plugs both look bisexual to me, though.

Anyway, the local stores should have them. Go to the big bin of drawers and you should find them.

John
 
Thank you both for the RS number. There is one very close to me - and I had good luck with "the drawers" before. I was looking for a specific size fuse for an old amp, and the kid opened the drawers to look. He eventually found a lone package of the right size (in the wrong slot), and proclaimed. "Wow, that never happens!" :D

I'll cross my fingers....
 
Back
Top Bottom