• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Any PC board designers?

StepheK

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi,

I have a really simple little three relay circuit I'd like to have made up into a PC board but I honestly don't have the time to dedicate to the learning curve. I have a schematic drawn up, I'm happy to pay someone good at this to convert this to a gerber file I can upload to have some boards made. DM me if you're interested or can help me out!

TIA
 
Register to hide this ad
There's a fellow on diyaudio (don't know if you belong to that forum) by the moniker of Sadface who designed some great mono Aikido octal boards. I had some Williamson PCBs that were designed by v4lvelover from the same forum, but I needed some changes made and he had disappeared. Sadface did the adjustments for me and did a very nice job. If no one here responds, you could try him. V4lvelover seems to be back now, he has a whole thread of free PCB designs. If you can get him to respond, he's an ace at PCB design, but Sadface is good too. Hope that helps!
 
It's not that hard. I went from Eagle CAD to KiCAD when Autodesk messed with it again. Learning curve is steep but just watch a few YT videos and you'll design it yourself in no time. Having said that, I designed several adaptor boards for relays with weird footprints (and unobtanium) so failing to find someone I'd be willing to have a go at it.
 
It's not that hard. I went from Eagle CAD to KiCAD when Autodesk messed with it again. Learning curve is steep but just watch a few YT videos and you'll design it yourself in no time. Having said that, I designed several adaptor boards for relays with weird footprints (and unobtanium) so failing to find someone I'd be willing to have a go at it.
I'm sure it's "not that hard" for folks who have worked in other cad design software, as you said the learning curve is steep. People said the same thing when I needed some cad drawings made for the local fab shop for a project. I spent a couple of weeks on it and didn't get even close :P Not to say I'm not willing to learn, but this project has a fairly short timeline and thankfully one of my viewers who teaches electronics volunteered to help :)
 
It's not that hard. I went from Eagle CAD to KiCAD when Autodesk messed with it again. Learning curve is steep but just watch a few YT videos and you'll design it yourself in no time. Having said that, I designed several adaptor boards for relays with weird footprints (and unobtanium) so failing to find someone I'd be willing to have a go at it.
Did you find it hard going from Eagle CAD to KiCAD?
It took me a while to adjust to the different workflow.
 
Did you find it hard going from Eagle CAD to KiCAD?
It took me a while to adjust to the different workflow.
No, not really. The concept is identical (schematic -> footprints -> PCB -> gerbers), it's the UI that differs. Once you've got the gist of it it's fairly easy. There is a large support community so for most issues I quickly found a solution.
 
Back
Top Bottom