• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Any RCA Victor console experts here?

Don't know if you've figured this out or not, but on the schematic, there should be the triangle, half-moon, and square markings which correspond to which section of the multi-cap for the hookup. When you look at the underside of the can caps, the hookup tabs coming out of the can will have those shapes where they enter the can through the micalex (or whatever the brown material is) base. Since there was plenty of room in the 177, I just wired my replacements in underneath. I marked each cap with a sharpie as to which section it represented, and tried to line them up so I could tie the negative leads together in a sensible fashion. I also took detailed photos to go back and compare to.
 
Yes, I got that from Jeff's post. I am using a pair of JJs and putting them up top. I though ascetically they would be a good match to the power tran.

Right now I'm trying to figure out which leads from the OPTs to send to my speakers. I want to bypass that whole messy INT/EXT speaker wiring system and just put the correct two wires to the binding posts. Again, I'm very new at this and know almost nothing.
 
markshan. that's a model I've not heard of. I've got a SHF-5(1957mono) and a 3vf-405 from 63 out on loan. Mine uses the 177H amp.


1960 probably as it's in the 1961 Beitman's. Guessing here, but a SWAG for power would be about 8-10w rms at most. IHF Peak would probably be about 40-50 total.

Found it in the BEITMAN's 1961 catalog. Schematics for the RC1192 Tuner/RS179 Preamp/RS-177a amp start on page 140. This is the same setup in my '62 3VF405. Good sounding setup for a 6bq5 amp. It is bass heavy (boomy) tho on mine. Easy to recap.

TUNER
attachment.php


RS-177A Amp and RS179 Preamp. This is the amp specified.
attachment.php

Can you repost

Larry
Can you repost
 
Back
Top Bottom