• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Any university or altec guys I need some indentification please

Hi guys! I'm picking these up this weekend on the cheap and the only identifying mark I can see in the pics is the University "presence" knob in the back. He says they sound great and work well. Honestly I really was just intrigued by the knobs on back and I know altec and university did a lot together, so I was wondering if anybody has any experience with these? I'm already picking them up later regardless lol.View attachment 832456 View attachment 832457 View attachment 832458 He says they have 8inch woofers in them. Any thoughts or anything about these at all would be much appreciated!
Crap they have they have 2 pin din inputs and one of them is broken so I had to run a piece of speaker wire to the inside. Wow they have so much mid range! Ouch! Lol
 
You will need to run them for a while to get the drivers to loosen up. Also, there is probably a crossover in those 2-ways that may need a recap.
 
Don't expect those woofers to move like low efficiency speakers. Unless you crank them up to a large degree, they'll look like they're not moving at all.
 
not sure, but prob several days. not too loud? when i bought some vintage allied cabinets with 15" triaxials i ran them about a week; not sure if that was really needed. i also recapped them.
 
So I finally had a chance to let them ride for almost 4 days and maybe I'm dreaming but they seem to sound better to me. I put them through an eq after and they have a bit more low end than I was expecting and actually sound pretty good with everything dialed in
 
Back
Top Bottom