• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anyone heard of JS Audio inc.

More pictures of my new JS Audio speakers.
 

Attachments

  • 6E958836-1E39-4EE0-98CA-5790485A38A3.png
    6E958836-1E39-4EE0-98CA-5790485A38A3.png
    283.2 KB · Views: 45
  • CC89DDA5-3F10-4C41-894D-F3DD9AA89602.jpeg
    CC89DDA5-3F10-4C41-894D-F3DD9AA89602.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 41
  • DF5C34A9-307A-402F-8D3B-391797103817.jpeg
    DF5C34A9-307A-402F-8D3B-391797103817.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 45
More pictures of my new JS Audio speakers.
SEAS tweeter, looks like an Audax MHD10 midrange of some variety, and woofer may be Peerless but could be any number of woofer suppliers. The clear coned ones previously noted were made by the same company that made the woofers for the original iteration of the Shahinian Arcs - Great American or something like that.
 
I recently picked a pair of these, 3-way with no L-Pads. These have the clear woofers and midrange cones, and very rotted foam surrounds. The drivers have EIA codes of 1056 which makes them Fisher or GEFCO, same ones used in original Philips HA-476 3-way (at least the woofers). To get these up and running while I wait for the drivers to be rebuilt (someone ran the woofers in their broken state and ruined the vc's), I have used Philips 1056 butyl surround woofers (had to dumb down the port to kill bass boom) and the mid from a Dalco 3 way which used original Audax and Gefco drivers. I am also looking for any info and maybe a model number. I also have emailed JS Audio in Bethesda MD and called JS Audio In NJ. See my pics attached.
IMG-5886.jpg IMG-5887.jpg IMG-5888.jpg IMG-5889.jpg
 
I bought 4 JS audio speakers from my uncle. His family had a huge bakery in Newark, long story short he sold the property to Newark BOA and was flush with money. So I have no idea what 4 of these would cost. I had to reglue some of them, but hooked up to my Luxman R-117, they get loud. I only currently have 2 hooked up, if I was to offload a pair, how would I even price them?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5143.png
    IMG_5143.png
    279.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5142.png
    IMG_5142.png
    279.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5141.png
    IMG_5141.png
    391.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5140.jpeg
    IMG_5140.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 20
All these years later and in a totally different part of the country, I stumbled into a passive 15" JS Audio sealed subwoofer to match my other JS Audio speakers in my vintage setup. It measures about 24"x18"x9".

I haven't heard it yet as I need to get an amp for it. I emailed JS Audio to see if they have any information on it, I would love to know what driver it is. I tried opening it up to look, but the driver is adhered with what looks like a nice, strong butyl type adhesive in addition to screws.

I was thinking a Parasound HCA-1000A or 1500A. One thing that is kind of throwing me are the dual voice coils. They each measured a resistance (not impedance) of 6ohms, which would indicate (correct me if I'm wrong) they are 8ohm impedance voice coils? That would mean I would need a 4ohm load in a bridged configuration? Would it be better to just use each channel at 8ohms connected to each voice coil separately? With the 1500A its still 400 watts, lol.

Side story:
When I was like 16 or 17, Rich actually sold me a 12" subwoofer driver (just the driver) because I wanted to DIY a subwoofer (not being able to afford his). I got a parts express subwoofer cabinet kit and my dad and I built it and used the JS Audio driver. It hit 15hz no problem in a frequency sweep. It wasn't the prettiest sub (my teenage craftsmanship), but it was really good for a very modest budget, and I even ended up buying a Parasound HCA-750a from him to power it. Unfortunately, years later when I moved out and moved on to modern subwoofers (SVS) and my parents sold the subwoofer since it was enormous. Someone on craigslist got a real gem. Long story short, it was such a nice surprise to get that mistake back and with a 15" sub!

Maybe on a longshot, someone will recognize the driver brand/model and I can do some detective work to get specs.
 

Attachments

  • 733542655_886745257198482_1142608128457739342_n (1).jpg
    733542655_886745257198482_1142608128457739342_n (1).jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 729375058_2633497253736933_8584447488899860548_n (1).jpg
    729375058_2633497253736933_8584447488899860548_n (1).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 729088840_1728139435045709_6303109197982076885_n (1).jpg
    729088840_1728139435045709_6303109197982076885_n (1).jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
My subwoofer doesn't have the tag, so I used the pictures in this thread to render an image file of the tag so I can print one for the sub. Uploading it incase anyone else needs one.

I forgot to mention above with the measurements, it weighs about 47lbs.
 

Attachments

  • JSAUDIO_WHITE_2_75x1_35inches (1).jpeg
    JSAUDIO_WHITE_2_75x1_35inches (1).jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 7
  • JSAUDIO_SILVER_2_75x1_35inches (1).jpeg
    JSAUDIO_SILVER_2_75x1_35inches (1).jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
hello everyone; I know this is a very old thread... I was wondering if anyone has information on these speakers. The seller tells me they are JS AUDIO. When searching online, two companies appear with the same name and location: one is JS AUDIO, based in Bethesda, Maryland, which carries products like Wilson Audio, and the other is now called JS AUDIO VIDEO. I would like to know who manufactured these speakers and what their quality is like.
 

Attachments

  • WhatsApp Image 2026-09-11 at 16.47.50.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2026-09-11 at 16.47.50.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 8
  • WhatsApp Image 2026-09-11 at 16.47.50 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2026-09-11 at 16.47.50 (1).jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 8
  • WhatsApp Image 2026-09-11 at 16.47.50 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2026-09-11 at 16.47.50 (2).jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 8
MasterMarr, They're from JS Audio (now JS Audio Video) which was in Morris Plains, NJ and I think has moved to Morristown, NJ. They don't make speakers anymore and it doesn't seem like the current business has anything to do with the old store that Rich ran. All the speakers I've ever heard from JS Audio have sounded very good.

Update to my replica tags:
I took the image I rendered from the pics on here and had them printed by www.spinnywhoosh.com and they came out perfect.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0461.jpeg
    IMG_0461.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0462.jpeg
    IMG_0462.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 3
MasterMarr, son de JS Audio (ahora JS Audio Video), que estaba en Morris Plains, NJ, y creo que se mudó a Morristown, NJ. Ya no fabrican altavoces y no parece que el negocio actual tenga nada que ver con la antigua tienda que dirigía Rich. Todos los altavoces de JS Audio que he escuchado suenan muy bien.

Actualización de mis etiquetas de réplica:
Tomé la imagen que creé a partir de las fotos de aquí y las mandé a imprimir a www.spinnywhoosh.com y quedaron perfectas.
Thanks! They really do have great sound; I think they were built with high-quality components. I'm going to take some photos of the internals. Honestly, I had never heard of this speaker brand before.
 
Back
Top Bottom