• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anyone here collect older electric guitars?

I used to get all the blown Fender Bassman/Bandmaster/etc. heads I could load onto handtrucks back in the mid-80s, nobody wanted them. My fave was a John Nau-modded Bandmaster head into a 2 x 10" cab. Now I've got one of John's custom preamps, based on the Mesa 22.

Got an SRO in a wedge monitor, too...what a beast!

je

The Bandmasters (especially the silver-faces) didn't get a lot of respect; it's kind of a funny amp, with tremelo but no reverb. I think I read that it was originally intended for accordion! When I got mine in the mid-90s people were figuring out that they could be modded into something nice, but they were still pretty low-priced. I haven't followed the market so don't know if they've changed since then. Anyway, I'm happy with it although I've got to do something about those SRO's; I think that twin cab weighs around 50 lbs, which is close to no longer being portable in my book!
 
Nice gitfiddles, folks!

Not exactly old, this '87 Kramer American Pacer Custom I, with ESP body and wide/thin neck, original Floyd Rose, Duncans and Grovers, is as old as I have. $100 pawn shop prize. It has the best playing neck of any of my electrics.

It sure is hard to take a good pic of a black axe:

pacer.jpg
 
The Bandmasters (especially the silver-faces) didn't get a lot of respect; it's kind of a funny amp, with tremelo but no reverb. I think I read that it was originally intended for accordion! When I got mine in the mid-90s people were figuring out that they could be modded into something nice, but they were still pretty low-priced. I haven't followed the market so don't know if they've changed since then. Anyway, I'm happy with it although I've got to do something about those SRO's; I think that twin cab weighs around 50 lbs, which is close to no longer being portable in my book!

That Bandmaster I had was a Fender sound on one channel, a beefed-up gain monster on the other channel. Tremelo controls were replaced with Presence and Master Volume. Added channel footswitch and a buffered/level controlled FX loop in the rear, too. Not quite stock anymore...but it was pretty toasted when we started.

You think 50 pounds is heavy, try a Super Twin with JBL E-120s. :yes:

je
 
Back
Top Bottom