• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anyone know about this Panasonic RA-6600receiver?

Register to hide this ad
Wow!!! I wasn't expecting it to look like that, when you said "built-in 8 track player".

00u0u_hiNU0bDpPBx_600x450.jpg


I haven't owned one, but I have to say the price is nearly throw away money. You might even walk out with it for $40 or $50, if you haggle. If you want a fun-looking second system, go get it! I wouldn't put it up against a Marantz 2500, but it looks neat!
 
I have direct experience with this model - I owned one. And $60 seems to be about what they go for, albeit mostly to people who have an interest in the 8 track part.

It's not a half-bad unit; 15 pretty honest wpc, only drawback is that it uses a power pak (STK) module, not discrete output devices.

If you don't care about the 8 track part, there's better ways to spend $60; but it's not a POS either.
 
No listings like that that I can see. Most that have sold go for between $35-90, depending on condition. The highest recent sale was for $177.50, with the original box. One also sold for $52, with a pair of Marantz Imperial 5Gs included!
 
Ah, I see it now - didn't come up in my search because the seller didn't put the model number in the headline. Thanks.

$250 for a unit that needs repair? Dreaming, big time. If that sells for $250, I'll be very surprised.:no:
 
Morning, everyone!

I'm going to bring this thread back to life.

I've been looking this unit over as it has caught my attention. Does anyone have good first hand experience with this unit in comparison to other 8-Track players? The thought of combining my current 8-Track player and my 'meh' modern receiver into one vintage beauty is quite alluring.

However, I can't find any specs on the player; I need to know this player's frequency range for 8-track tape as well as its speaker output wattage.

I love the design of this unit and it would fit perfectly into my setup, but I have quite a few questions at this point about it.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks, guys!
 
Two critical questions, so that yours can be answered correctly:

1. What's your current 8 track player?

2. What's your "meh" receiver?

Personally, I'd doubt whether a 6600 would be better than a stand-alone receiver and separate deck. But that's me.

And yes, I do have "good first hand experience" with this and many other 8 tracks.

BTW, rated wattage is 15wpc.

Happy trails,
Larry B.
 
Mfr's specs for the RA-7600 (a near twin of the 6600):

Frequency response 40-12,000 Hz (pretty typical for 8 tracks)
Power: 15wpc, RMS, @ 80hms, 40-20kHz, .07% THD.

Happy trails,
Larry B.
 
Afternoon Larry,

Thanks for the info! Wow, only 15 wpc and that terrible high frequency response kills the deal for me. Shame as it is such a beautiful unit.

Also, my units are in my signature. :)

Thanks again.

-Michael
 
I can't imagine the 8 track in the 6600 is better than your Pioneer HR100. Also pretty sure your Onkyo may be better than the receiver in the 6600.
 
Yeah, after learning the specs of the 6600... I can say right now that the HR-100 sounds better. I've had other Panasonic units with the same range and they haven't sounded that great. As far as the Onkyo, I'm just looking to replace it with a 'vintage' receiver that better fits my setup and my design taste. If anyone knows of a great black-colored vintage receiver with VU meters and stereo channel outputs of at least 100 - let me know! :D
 
Back
Top Bottom