• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AR 25 speakers

EVBoy

Super Member
AR 25 speakers from estate sale. Refoamed them and they sound great. Not much information about them on the internet. Any opinions of them?P1040722.JPG
 
Register to hide this ad
Almost any AR speaker from that era is going to sound good, as long as someone hasn't "upgraded" the drivers. This looks like a larger version of the AR18, which was a great entry-level model. I'd expect a similar sound but more bass from these.
 
I have a pair of AR25's my mother bought new in the '80's. I have refurbished them (thank you @GD70) and they are in regular use today. They are in a set up used for casual listening but I've been very happy with them. For cosmetics, I recommend building new grills and replacing the vinyl veneer with real veneer. They deserve the upgrade!

 
That's a nice find!
The AR-25 was announced in the New Products section of Stereo Review magazine in the October 1979 issue. It was introduced to honor the 25th anniversary of the founding of Acoustic Research.
 

Attachments

  • AR-25 Stereo Review 10-79.jpg
    AR-25 Stereo Review 10-79.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom