• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AR-4 Going Ballistic on Ebay

These AR 6's are NOT very nice to look at for sure.

Maybe I should repair the surrounds and make some money!

Problem is that they most likely need caps and pot cleaning too and I don't want to deal with that!

Grills are in very good condition.

IMG_4115.JPG
 
It's just a collector thing. Lots of people want ARs and not as many want Dynacos.
In a few years it could switch around or once the supply of good ARs runs out then the rest of the East Coast acoustic suspension speakers start going up in price to fill the gap.

The same thing happened with the Porsche air cooled cars. Originally it was only the very early and the very late cars bringing higher and higher money but that lifted the cars made in the middle as well. After a while those got to be too expensive and now even the step child 914 is up to silly prices.
Collectors markets have a life of their own and make little sense to the people looking in.
I'd prefer a newer set of speakers over anything vintage (for the most part) just like I'd much rather own a newer Porsche over any leaky, smelly air cooled thing but I'm not a collector so I wouldn't go near stuff in a bubble unless I could make a quick, significant profit and sell.
 
Back
Top Bottom