• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

are these altec woofers?

Kneedeepinit

Super Member
seller pulled them from a pair of model 14 speakers. He thinks they are the same as the model 19 , just smaller?

Are these altecs?

If they are Altecs, does anyone have an idea of the model number?

mysteryaltec1_zpsf3f14b70.jpg


mysteryaltec2_zpse13c9eef.jpg


mysteryaltec3_zpsb0eef588.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Those are model 14 woofers, and yes they are Altec. The rest, from someone here that knows more than I do. :)
 
Hmmm!! my model 14 woofers don't have vented dustcaps, or the spring loaded speaker terminals. I also have a spare pair of Model 14 woofers which are the same.
 
Those do appear to be the correct Model 14 woofers, though I'm sure one of the Altec gurus will be along shortly to confirm. They're their own odd model, not available for separate sale and not used in any other Altec speakers.

The 14 is basically a scaled-down 19, though there are plenty of differences.
 
I was under the impression that the model 14 all had foam surrounds on the woofer. Those look like other Altec cones and the surrounds are like the 416 / 604 etc type. Many Altec speakers had different components depending on date of manufacture.
 
They're model 15 woofers(part #33785) re-coned with incorrect, non-altec cones and surrounds. The part number is clearly visible under the terminals on one of the frames.

They are NOT model 14 woofers(part #34633).
 
Last edited:
thanks for the help guys, I bought them

I have been searching for a suitable econowave candidate and it looks like i now have a clear direction. I thought I had a deal for some ev but it fell through.

I love my Altec Santana 2 econowave and the model 14 woofer is held in high regard. I have not had any luck finding model 14 cabinet plans so I will probably scale down a model 19 design. My hope is that the model 14 is just a smaller version of the 19 cabinet.
 
Back
Top Bottom