• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ATTN: Milwaukee area folks - KEF 105's for CHEEEEP!

Hawkeye83

Super Member
Someone should grab these KEF 105's for $250!!!!! A steal! They appear to be in pretty good shape...even if they did need a refoam or minor other repairs, I still think they're a good deal.

I'd do it myself but it's 3.5 hours away...no time to get up there any time soon...

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/d/milwaukee-kef-reference-series-105-ii/7139278073.html

From the ad:

"I’m selling a pair of Kef Reference Series Model 105 series II speakers. These were a $3,000 Pair of speakers when they came out and they were built to last. They’re in great condition and they sound excellent. If you know your stuff when it comes to audio equipment, then you understand what a good deal this is. I’m going to be moving out west so I’ve recently been getting rid of any and everything I don’t absolutely need. Take advantage of my situation and get an excellent set of speakers for an unreal price. Text Sam at 4one4-6one7-4three38 (I won’t answer calls from numbers I don’t recognize)."

KEF 105.jpg KEF 105 pic 2.jpg KEF 105 pic 3.jpg KEF 105 pic 4.jpg KEF 105 pic 5.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Oh MAN! I'm an hour away, but my stupid computer was updating Windows 10 for 2 hours this morning so I didn't see this til now. I showed them to my wife, fully expecting her to say how ugly they are, and she was like "I think they're kinda cute". :eek2::mad:
 
Yeah I already have 107's and too many speakers, but if I were closer, I'd have picked them up. Can't go wrong with that price.
 
Oh MAN! I'm an hour away, but my stupid computer was updating Windows 10 for 2 hours this morning so I didn't see this til now. I showed them to my wife, fully expecting her to say how ugly they are, and she was like "I think they're kinda cute". :eek2::mad:

Yeah surprisingly my wife likes our 107's too.

I think the separate "head" thing makes them look like "little" robots, which I guess is kinda cute, LOL!
 
Amazing deal. Mine sold for 3X that and THAT was a deal. I'll be hard pressed to ever own a better sounding speaker pair. Still no regrets though.
 
I bet you can’t name a single pair of speakers that sound better than 105’s for 250 bucks.

Man, I've had some pretty good ones come through here, but I sure can't think of any either! SCORES/SCROES don't really count either...that's just dumb luck...

But even if you count the "scores" the only ones that would even come close for me are:
- Altec 19's for $150 - I missed out on these by a few hours
- Apogee Centaur for $175 - the mids and highs on these were great, with the big, long ribbon, but the bass was weak

These scores might be as good as the 105's for under $250, but if you go by average market prices, I can't think of any speakers that would beat KEF 105's for $250, new or used.

I would love to hear some examples if they exist.

The Lii Audio speakers I have would beat the KEF's in some ways, for $450 shipped, but those are just the drivers, you still need to build or buy enclosures.
 
@Hawkeye83 not in resale. Kef would win!! Note: not when selling below market however. 105's will bring 600-800 in open market all day and worth it!!!

Oh yeah, very true in resale...the 105's would sell for more than the Lii's or the Apogee...of course the Altec 19's would sell for a whole lot more, but that was a stupid-good "deal of a lifetime" finding them for $150.

The KEF Reference series holds their value very well indeed, and sound great. I still love my 107's. Those and my Tannoy Ardens are my keepers so far, I think. Surprisingly the resale market on the 107's has dropped, but I don't care, I'm not selling anyway. I will probably actually pick up another pair to use as rear-surrounds if I ever do the home theater thing!
 
Back
Top Bottom