• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ATTN: Milwaukee area folks - KEF 105's for CHEEEEP!

Yeah, I got super-lucky with these. No, I've never owned any KEFs. It's interesting, though--I keep seeing these cited as 80 lbs, but they weigh around 60 lbs each. I did see some suggestions about modifying them with tile or cement inside, but I couldn't find any specifics on it.
 
My 105.2 had super tight bass. Previous owner had done Falcon Acoustic crossover upgrades. Looked like this inside.

20180815_204355.jpg

I didn't think it needed bracing but make sure the woofer is sealed well. I want to get some of that foam and try to take the slight boomy-ness out of my Kirksaeter Tower 260 as they just have fiberglass now.
 

Attachments

  • 20180815_201113.jpg
    20180815_201113.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20180815_201137.jpg
    20180815_201137.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180815_204409.jpg
    20180815_204409.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180815_210018.jpg
    20180815_210018.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom