• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

au-999 Detroit $300

Register to hide this ad
That has been relisted for months now, and when first listed said obo. I bet he'd take 225 for it.
 
Shame it doesn't have the TU-999 with it. I just picked up an absolutely brand-new-looking, cleaned and aligned TU-999 and it sounds as good as my Fisher FM200 tube tuner. Top notch gear. I can only imagine that the AU-999 is equally great. The pair of them looks fantastic together. I think that is one of the most attractive series out of any of the great late '60s/'70s makers.
 
Hey beemer if you go passing on any old Sansui AU series amps for 30 bucks box em up and send em to me and I'll pay you a 20 premium plus the shipping. Some us think Sansui AU are some the best deals in the history of audio, YMMV of course.
 
999's are well-built, but the early ones need a near-total transistor transplant. On top of that, it's a 35WPC unit that Sansui rated at 50WPC (it barely squeaks out 50WPC at clipping).

I'm not a Sansui collector, and I don't know what these go for, but $300 seems insane.
 
They make one hell of a nice sounding PreAmp....I had it paired with my Parasound Amp before I sold the AU-999 and got my AU-8500. Nice looking Amp and sounds good too. :yes: My AU-999 was mint and I paid $175 for it. $300 is too much IMHO....
 
Too much, IMO. I recently paid $300 for my AU-999 / TU-999 pair that are in mint condition. I was hesitant to pay that much, but am incredibly happy with the sound and looks.
 
Back
Top Bottom