• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

AU-999 Mystery components and power switch quesions

Sorry I just re-read your question. I will have to look and get back to ya.
Month of build is March.
 
Last edited:
The balance check switch engaged by accident when handling the unit can be a problem creating confusion
 
Last edited:
Sorry to revive this thread, but I have a stupid question concerning my "new" AU-999. The Photobucket photos are blurry for me, so I'm trying to figure out exactly what needs to be done to bypass the subsonic filter. Is it simply cutting the 2 blue wire connections and putting them together? Or does it also involve jumping those two segments? I can't figure out if it's one or the other.
 
Hi,
You're correct, the 2 blue wires that are on the boards, just join those, that's the bypass done.
As mentioned previously, they are thin wires so do a neat job to avoid any problems..

Screenshot_20190924-085843_Chrome.jpg
 
sub-sonic.jpg

I was able to do this in about 10-15 minutes. The change definitely opened up the bass a little more. I would like to try some of the other mods once I get some time to sit down and tinker. Thanks again!
 
Back
Top Bottom