• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

audio pro ace bass b2-50 subwoofer- Letting it go?

SongSeed

New Member
Greetings!

My family and I just moved from Wisconsin to Washington state, bought raw land, and are in the slow process of homesteading it ourselves. I have an Ace Bass B2-50 that I have had for a long time. It doesn't look so pretty, I bought it from a pawn shop many years ago, no grill, but it sounds excellent. I have typically paired it with a pair of Canton Karat 930DC speakers. As it will be a good while before I can set it up again, I am thinking of letting it go. My question is, how difficult and expensive will it be for me to get some kind of compact replacement sub that would pair well with the Cantons?

Thank you,

Peter.
 
Register to hide this ad
Greetings!

My family and I just moved from Wisconsin to Washington state, bought raw land, and are in the slow process of homesteading it ourselves. I have an Ace Bass B2-50 that I have had for a long time. It doesn't look so pretty, I bought it from a pawn shop many years ago, no grill, but it sounds excellent. I have typically paired it with a pair of Canton Karat 930DC speakers. As it will be a good while before I can set it up again, I am thinking of letting it go. My question is, how difficult and expensive will it be for me to get some kind of compact replacement sub that would pair well with the Cantons?

Thank you,

Peter.

I'd keep it. They were nice subwoofers for supplementing a small stand mount like your 930DCs. I really do not think any of the inexpensive HT subs can compete for music. Perhaps, the RSL 10S would be where I'd look for minimum dollars.

https://rslspeakers.com/speedwoofer10s/
 
Thanks for the great welcome and excellent advice on my first post to this group.

It's hard for people to give advice on something that's seldom seen in the states. Audio Pro is a Scandinavian brand that never really took off in the U.S. I know first hand as I worked for a company back in the earlier 2000's that was the North American distributor for them. We had a hard time giving it away when we shut the doors. Not that it's bad product....because it's quite good, actually. Just no name recognition here. I have 2 pairs of the Bravo FX-01's that are great sounding that I'll probably own forever yet don't listen to.

@SongSeed
 
Last edited:
Thank you both for giving me something to think about. Based on what you both have said I think it's likely I'll just keep it unless something interesting appears in my wanderings.
 
Greetings!

My family and I just moved from Wisconsin to Washington state, bought raw land, and are in the slow process of homesteading it ourselves. I have an Ace Bass B2-50 that I have had for a long time. It doesn't look so pretty, I bought it from a pawn shop many years ago, no grill, but it sounds excellent. I have typically paired it with a pair of Canton Karat 930DC speakers. As it will be a good while before I can set it up again, I am thinking of letting it go. My question is, how difficult and expensive will it be for me to get some kind of compact replacement sub that would pair well with the Cantons?

Thank you,

Peter.

Depending on your location (some markets are better than others), used subwoofers can sometimes be bought through craigslist or FB marketplace for less than what they cost new. Sometimes a lot less.
 
Thanks for the great welcome and excellent advice on my first post to this group.
Not everybody knows every piece of equipment so doesn't answer because they don't know it. I've been in this hobby for 55 years and never heard of them..
 
Back
Top Bottom