• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Audio Research LS15 preamp tube positions

Thanks for the schematic. For some reason I always forget to check that site. Looks like they have schematics for just about everything ARC ever built.

BillWojo
 
I hope I'm not hijacking the thread here.... But does anyone know how to tell if a specific LS15 is at the original 12dB gain or had been factory set to a higher gain setting? I understand 12dB was standard but they could be ordered at other, higher, gain settings....
 
I think you will need to contact ARC for that info. I just looked at the schematics for any notes pertaining to that and there are none.

BillWojo
 
I think you will need to contact ARC for that info. I just looked at the schematics for any notes pertaining to that and there are none.

BillWojo


I contacted ARC, they provided me the instructions sheet for changing the LS-15 gain from 18dB to 12dB (or vice versa). Anyone curious, see attached.
 

Attachments

I thought V3 and V4 (the back two) in the LS7 were paired and performing the cathode follower function, and that V1 and V2 were paired the gain tubes.
I may have to up my tube-rolling game and start paying attention to V3.
I've definitely found that the right front tube is for the left channel, and vice-versa, and that these positions respond most to my tube-rolling efforts.​
 
Back
Top Bottom