• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Audio Technicas Anniversary turntable - what ye say?

Register to hide this ad
I like the way it looks.
0,15% WRMS wow is indeed not impressive. A good DD with test record measures about 0,04% WRMS, and part of that number is the wow in the record itself....
However I wonder what it would measure in reality. (specs is <, so that can be anything).

As a concept, it reminds me of the Marantz TT-15S1 (made by clearaudio, and similar to the Clearaudio Emotion SE)
 
However the return of the Sound Burger is fantastic news!!

Well, at least it's quite neat. However, what bothers me: Why not at least a combined headphone/line out with volume control? And then I wonder, whether the LiIon battery would be easily swappable...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
 
I was kind of hoping that this would be based on the AT-LP7, but it looks like it uses components from some of their lower end decks. But it looks great!
 
From a company that has given us some very high quality products such as tonearms and cartridges in the past, this is the best they could muster? Belt drive? Crappy specs! Hard pass!

BillWojo
 
Reminds me of another anniversary turntable, the Denon DP-100A, a total insult to Denons vintage 1980 TOTL statement turntable. The DP-100A was nothing but a gussied up Hanpin table and few fell for the imposter.
 
When on sale (and even not on sale, just purchase from European dealers), a GR is about the same price and will be world's better.
 
Looks cool but it's a $1200 shelf queen. The base $300 U-Turn Orbit has basically the same specs.
 
Very unlikely todays Audio Technica is the same company that I remember from 40 years ago that offered high quality cartridges, tonearms and audio accessories all made in Japan. Todays Audio Technica is audios version of Bell and Howell as seen on cable TV with products made in China and Taiwan. Yes you will pay a lot more for anything made in Japan along with Germany Switzerland and the USA but you are buying high quality products built to last a lifetime not throwaway toys.
 
The large 'plate' that seems to serve as the mount for the main bearing is interesting. Why so large and square? Also, I would have thought that they would have made a table like this DD.

AT carts are the best performance/value in the industry IMO, but their turntables are meh and I don't even know what else they make these days.
 
Not interested in the turntable, but the pictures of his listening room make me want to clear out my Mancave and start over in a simplistic and minimalist way.

As opposed to the I have too much cr@p in here and can barely get to my desk way.
 
I think we all know that AT doesn’t make tt’s , they contract out to Hanpin and then slap their Audio Technica name on it.
No different from the 70’s when lots of companies simply bought tt’s from CEC and added their name .
 
Back
Top Bottom