• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Axl to be no-show

michaelhigh

mind's eye music
Axl Rose reportedly tells RRHOF thanks but no thanks, lets long-standing feuds with former bandmates preclude reunion at this year's induction ceremony to receive awards. Sad commentary that such a prestigious award gets shunned over sour grapes. Something tells me that Axl'll have second thoughts about this decision sometime in the future. John Lennon reportedly went on record as regretting his return of the MBE award (a publicity stunt calling attention to his then-pending deportation case and America's involvement in Vietnam, and Cold Turkey falling in the charts). I feel these decisions are sometimes made in haste and in hindsight, artists see the error of their ways. Axl Rose...great rock voice of his time, his characteristic arrogance and courting of controversy can backfire sometimes (witness Chinese Democracy as prime example). An album 15 years in the making? Who cares?:scratch2:
 
Register to hide this ad
What can we expect from billy bailey? He is rocks biggest f up. Even though he is from Indiana...we dont claim him....Born and raised there I was. So was he. He may have the Guns n Roses name...but it isnt Guns n Roses anymore. Its a tribute band with him fronting it.
 
I look down the list of those inducted every year and it doesn't seem that prestigious to me. It seems all you have to have done is been around for the set amount of time and not pissed anybody off too bad or been too controversial. Then you're a shoe-in. If I was in his shoe's I'd tell them to keep it, too.
 
I look down the list of those inducted every year and it doesn't seem that prestigious to me. It seems all you have to have done is been around for the set amount of time and not pissed anybody off too bad or been too controversial. Then you're a shoe-in. If I was in his shoe's I'd tell them to keep it, too.

Same here.
It seems the only criteria to get in is to have at least one song on a "Best of the (insert decade here)" album.
 
who cares about Rose when THE SMALL FACES/FACES and FREDDY KING are gonna be inducted, no one will even miss the poor guy
 
I didn't take it as him making some meaningful statement or as an indictment of the RRHF in general.

I took it as him being a really big douche bag.
 
Got to agree

I look down the list of those inducted every year and it doesn't seem that prestigious to me. It seems all you have to have done is been around for the set amount of time and not pissed anybody off too bad or been too controversial. Then you're a shoe-in. If I was in his shoe's I'd tell them to keep it, too.

I gotta agree with JohnVF on this one and I'm not in agreement with John often but....
I've had a misconception of what the RRHOF was all about. There have been many, many great bands from the past that I just never could figure out why they hadn't been inducted when on the other hand so many "Meh" groups had.
I've really never been a Roses or Axl fan but I think if you're a "no show" for the RRHOF then you're really a "no blow" also......
And, I just don't worry about it anymore.
 
I gotta agree with JohnVF on this one and I'm not in agreement with John often but....

This is the second time in two days somebody's said that...maybe you guys agree with me more than you think! :)

If I were inducted I'd show up and then go on a rant about how much the RRFOF sucks when given the mic. Then I'd blow into the most bad-ass cover of Surfin' Bird you've ever heard, yell "That's rock and roll you wankers" then spit on a picture of Clive Davis.
 
That's why they edit things

This is the second time in two days somebody's said that...maybe you guys agree with me more than you think! :)

If I were inducted I'd show up and then go on a rant about how much the RRFOF sucks when given the mic. Then I'd blow into the most bad-ass cover of Surfin' Bird you've ever heard, yell "That's rock and roll you wankers" then spit on a picture of Clive Davis.

The inductee process for the RnrHOF is a joke,although I plan to go there one day and see the exhibits.
 
If ANYONE blows off being at their own induction into (name it here), do their fans stop liking their music?
Personally, I could give a cr*p.

If they do something REALLY egregious it might sour my taste; otherwise, who cares?
 
If ANYONE blows off being at their own induction into (name it here), do their fans stop liking their music?
Personally, I could give a cr*p.

If they do something REALLY egregious it might sour my taste; otherwise, who cares?

I care more when I see bands that I like schmaltzing it up for some lame ceremony put on by a bunch of old soulless big shots.

Rock and Roll is the opposite of a hall of fame. It should have a hall of infamy.
 
Rock & Roll does not belong in a museum or stodgy "hall."

It lives and breathes and smokes and festers and blooms all around in the daylight, dimlight, and in the shadows. Lux Interior (RIP) understood this. Listen to the Cramps' version of "Surfin' Bird" and you'll understand.

As for Mr. Axl, I respect him for holding an ugly and public grudge. He hates Slash's guts. Not sure why, but I wasn't there. Spare me an Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" reunion. GnR burned bright and burned out.
 
Rock & Roll does not belong in a museum or stodgy "hall."

It lives and breathes and smokes and festers and blooms all around in the daylight, dimlight, and in the shadows. Lux Interior (RIP) understood this. Listen to the Cramps' version of "Surfin' Bird" and you'll understand.

As for Mr. Axl, I respect him for holding an ugly and public grudge. He hates Slash's guts. Not sure why, but I wasn't there. Spare me an Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" reunion. GnR burned bright and burned out.

:thmbsp:

I'm not sure why these things bother so many people- we'd just get a tired version of Paradise City with cornrows and receding hairlines. I'd rather remember that band in its prime. Or any band, really.
 
This is the second time in two days somebody's said that...maybe you guys agree with me more than you think! :)

If I were inducted I'd show up and then go on a rant about how much the RRFOF sucks when given the mic. Then I'd blow into the most bad-ass cover of Surfin' Bird you've ever heard, yell "That's rock and roll you wankers" then spit on a picture of Clive Davis.

QFT. Can I be in your band? Can we get a picture of Jimmy Iovine as well?

I do agree that it's nice to see the Small Faces and Freddie King recognized.
 
Opinions please (and support 'em!).

Which is more of the "original band" to you: A)The original singer doing the original songs with a different band, or B) the original band doing the original songs with a different singer?

I go for A, solely for the reason that non-original singer = cover band to me.
GnR being the working example, Axl's voice is TIED to those songs no matter what the backing is. He could sing them a capella (god forbid) and they would still be the song.
If the band plays the song without lyrics, it's Karaoke backing.
With or without the E Street band, Bruce is still Bruce.

Flipside: Chickenfoot tries to perform one of the early Van Halen instrumentals. Not gonna' be the same no matter what.
 
I tend to agree with what JohnVF and KeninDC said about the RRHOF. Some inductees are no-brainers, but music is mostly subjective and not as quantifiable as let's say sports.

More to the real point (I think) here, Axl Rose and his behavior. Said it a million times, but what's one more time. The man has some form of mental illness. Not saying that to put him down. Love G&R. But I get the feeling that guys like him and Mike Tyson have some condition that compels them towards inexplicalbe, self-destructive behavior. Both of them have pissed away their talents and alientated their friends and fans alike.
 
I'm not even going to give my thoughts about the HOF, but like anyone expected any less from Axle Poser?

He's a dick. There's a reason he's a nobody any more.. and he can only thank himself... **** on your fans, and your life is gonna turn to ****. Some people wonder why life sucks, and yet they can't seem to find a mirror..
 
Back
Top Bottom