• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

B&W DM 601 vs B&W DM 601 S2

ecandle

There's hope for you yet Russell
can anyone please tell me the difference between these two part numbers
B&W DM 601 S2 sound awesome are these the same as the 601's I see on the “boing- boing “ closed listings , thanks
:music:
 
Register to hide this ad
figured it out , series 2 they sound really good but they may be for surround sound ? anyone have these for 2 ch ?
 
I used to have a pair of 602 s2 and they were used as mains, along with a sub. I would think the 601 would need a sub for full-range performance.
 
firstly i think the 601 601s2 and later series 3 were all designed as hi fidelity music speakers first..in addition to being offered in greater multiples as a surround sound package...b&w tend to have a sound first approach to their advertising and especially at the lower end of their range where competition is greatest..

have a rummage in their website as they should have most of their product manuals and brochures going back to the early 80s dm series still available in pdf format...

http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/
 
firstly i think the 601 601s2 and later series 3 were all designed as hi fidelity music speakers first..in addition to being offered in greater multiples as a surround sound package...b&w tend to have a sound first approach to their advertising and especially at the lower end of their range where competition is greatest..

have a rummage in their website as they should have most of their product manuals and brochures going back to the early 80s dm series still available in pdf format...

http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/
thanks , we just did a shoot out with Triad in room golds ( BLOWS the TRIADS away on the bottom end ) :yes:
 
I used to have a pair of 602 s2 and they were used as mains, along with a sub. I would think the 601 would need a sub for full-range performance.

The s2's have nice low ends on their own as a pair , I think I'm going to get my wallet out , crrrreeekk.:scratch2:
 
Back
Top Bottom