• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Banana Plug, Pin or Spades?

Every pair of Maggies I've ever had (4 different pairs) were equipped with Banana jacks (not 5-way binding posts). My 1.7's have screw locking on the jacks.
 
Every pair of Maggies I've ever had (4 different pairs) were equipped with Banana jacks (not 5-way binding posts). My 1.7's have screw locking on the jacks.
Yeah how long do they last are used ones durable? Magnaplanar ?
They more for music or movies also.
Maybe someday I’ll have to listen to a pair when I have more money .
 
Every pair of Maggies I've ever had (4 different pairs) were equipped with Banana jacks (not 5-way binding posts). My 1.7's have screw locking on the jacks.
Yeah how long do they last are used ones durable? Magnaplanar ?
They more for music or movies also.
Maybe someday I’ll have to listen to a pair when I have more money .
 
Yeah how long do they last are used ones durable? Magnaplanar ?
They more for music or movies also.
Maybe someday I’ll have to listen to a pair when I have more money .

My experience is that they last longer than you've been alive.:biggrin:

Listening to anything is free. You have to make the effort to audition "whatever". I have ridden the train for 2 1/2+ hours to audition gear. It all depends on how motivated you are.

IMO/E a speaker and system that's dialed in for flat response at the sweet spot is equally good with music and movies. Adjusting for flat in room response is what any auto equalization system does. For movies or music, flat is flat.
 
Yeah how long do they last are used ones durable? Magnaplanar ?
They more for music or movies also.
Maybe someday I’ll have to listen to a pair when I have more money .
You don't need to have money to listen to speakers, you do however need to have money to buy them. Quit spending the little money you do have on junk and eventually you may be able to afford something halfway decent. :whip:
 
You don't need to have money to listen to speakers, you do however need to have money to buy them. Quit spending the little money you do have on junk and eventually you may be able to afford something halfway decent. :whip:
Yeah I was stupid to buy junk that should get on the curb.. dam goodwill , all they Have is garbage near me .
 
You don't need to have money to listen to speakers, you do however need to have money to buy them. Quit spending the little money you do have on junk and eventually you may be able to afford something halfway decent. :whip:
Yeah I was stupid to buy junk that should get on the curb.. dam goodwill , all they Have is garbage near me .
Don’t shave the goose!! Or pluck it on junk speakers.
Save then monies ?122F832D-53F6-4BF1-B64E-9C2FE48F7394.gifEACDCEE9-D4D4-419E-AB64-8D7434346E7B.png
 
5DD2E968-F04C-4131-B3E8-D4C9C4673844.jpeg 82EECBE0-E876-49BF-8FD4-7C79AE3B8584.jpeg 7BAA3D4F-1064-4E03-B077-EB0C74CE986C.jpeg I’m building out my prototypes now - this is 10 Awg PV wire rated for outdoor use....

I’ll build some sicker ones with tech flex and 10 awg without this crazy thick coating over the winter
 
There's a reason why most banana plugs have a plastic outer coating. A dead short, between outputs, is an amp-killer.
 
Back
Top Bottom