• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bands Named After Food

Fiona Apple

I thought the category was groups only. If we're listing solo artists, too:
Chuck Berry
Candyman
Neneh Cherry
Jan Berry
Tommy Roe
Pebbles (cereal)
Robert Maxwell (coffee)


Back on point:
Ram Jam
Rockin' Berries
Peppermint Rainbow
April Wine
Grass Roots
Road Apples
Poppy Family (edible seeds)
Icehouse (beer)
Jamies (candy)
Sherrys (liquor)
Mary Jane Girls (candy)
 
Last edited:
I thought the category was groups only. If we're listing solo artists, too:
Chuck Berry
Candyman
Neneh Cherry
Jan Berry
Tommy Roe
Pebbles (cereal)
Robert Maxwell (coffee)

All except Candyman are the artists real given names/nicknames. To say they're "named after" food is stretching it. They only happen to have names that are also food items.

Back on point:
Ram Jam
Rockin' Berries
Peppermint Rainbow
April Wine
Grass Roots
Road Apples
Poppy Family (edible seeds)
Icehouse (beer)
Jamies (candy)
Sherrys (liquor)
Mary Jane Girls (candy)

I don't thing the Mary Jane Girls were named after the candy. Their producer and mentor Rick James was a well known marijuana smoker, and Mary Jane is slang for cannabis. Remember his song, "Mary Jane" ? The lyrics go "I'm in love with Mary Jane. She's my main thing. She makes me feel alright. She makes my heart sing". She likes to spread her love and turn your head around". It was a given the song was about marijuana, not some girl named Mary Jane, and not candy. :D
 
Last edited:
Canned Heat! :music: I know, that's probably pushing it with the 'food category', but what the hey............................
 
Back
Top Bottom