• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Beautiful Pioneer Rack system (models and value)

uenjoymyself

Surrender to the flow
These look to be an SA8500 amp? TX8500 tuner (maybe :dunno:) and some other really nice components! Check out that reel to reel!

These are for sale local to me and the seller doesn't know the model #'s. He says he's selling for a family member.

What would be a fair offer for these pieces? The seller wants an offer and I don't want to offend or overpay. I haven't auditioned the pieces and only have the picture to go by so far.

I'd like to get a general idea of value before I make arrangements to go take a look.

So, what say the experts?? Can anyone identify these??

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2294.jpg
    IMG_2294.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
That is VERY NICE. R2R is a RT 707 and the turntable appears to be a PL630. Easily worth $2000.00 in my book and I'd have no problem paying that for this (assuming it's cosmetically nice and working) in a heartbeat. The Pioneer rack stand is worth $500.00+ by itself.
 
Last edited:
Looks like I am wrong. The tuner looks to be TX9800 the amp is surely an SA9800.

top to bottom:
PL630
RT707
??
TX9800
??
SA9800
 
Last edited:
Looks like I am wrong. The tuner looks to be TX9800 the amp is surely an SA9800.

top to bottom:
PL630
RT707
??
TX9800
SA9800
Nope the amp is an SA-8800 look carefully at the number of switch levers versus the SA-9800 :yes:


REGARDS SNOW
 
Filling in the blanks, that looks like an SG-9500 equalizer.

All very much drool worthy, although I think I'd be inclined to give the amp some more room around it so it doesn't overheat.

Lee.
 
They would have been in the house already with me trying to figure out where to fit them and explaining to the wife how on earth I could possibly have needed them.

Very interesting stacking arrangement with cassette near the top and integrated amp at the very bottom!
 
As in everything, one really cannot make a complete total true assessment on just one picture alone, just a "guess-estimate" IMO.

But just from the picture itself tells me that is appears to be a complete, all original Pioneer rack system with all the goodies and well cared for at that.

Now with that being said when determining its value the other important questions are, 1.) Are all the pieces of audio components actually in good working condition? 2.) Are the heads to the reel to reel and the cassette deck in good condition? 3.) Everything works, no problems at all? 4.) Had any type of work, repairs, etc. ever been done on any of the audio pieces? These are just some of the questions that I would ask if I were interested in that sale. But again this is just me, everyone is different. To some details really don't matter, etc., etc., etc. But if all these questions can be answered truthfully and completely then that particular Pioneer Rack System should go for anywhere from $1500 to $2000 and up?

I don't know about anyone else but to me $1500 to $2000 is a good chunk of $$$$ to put down for a complete system, well its not really totally complete because its missing speakers but what the heck right? So I would definitely want to make sure that it is in very good operational condition as well as cosmetically. One must keep in mind that this is not a brand new out of the store audio system, its vintage from the late 70's to early 80's but yet a very, very desirable and sought after Rack System at that.

Again, just my $0.02, good luck! :D
 
Last edited:
These look to be an SA8500 amp? TX8500 tuner (maybe :dunno:) and some other really nice components! Check out that reel to reel!

These are for sale local to me and the seller doesn't know the model #'s. He says he's selling for a family member.

What would be a fair offer for these pieces? The seller wants an offer and I don't want to offend or overpay. I haven't auditioned the pieces and only have the picture to go by so far.

I'd like to get a general idea of value before I make arrangements to go take a look.

So, what say the experts?? Can anyone identify these??

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance!


Man, that's a nice rack!! (Somebody take the bait. Humor me.)

There must be some Pioneer forum guys popping a Viagra as they look at your posting.

I remember seeing a similar rack on epay. Here are 2 completed listings. Different components but a decent comparison point for the seller. Bundling/local pick up drags down the price. If you search in "Vinatage audio" using "Advanced search" and use the "Completed listings" serch using "Pioneer rack".You can find all the components and past pricing if it was parted out. Since the guy is selling the bundle and not parting out, the bundle price makes a reasonable and fair selling price. Unbundled price on just the rack hardware would be over $1K. I'm not a Pioneer buy necessarily but I have to say that Pioneer was the benchmark for styling in the silver era.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-SPE...ctronics_R2&hash=item2589318fe9#ht_612wt_1162

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-SPE...ctronics_R2&hash=item19e8f056ba#ht_411wt_1162

There are two Elite racks out ther as well that would look awesome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-PIONEER-S...ectronics_R2&hash=item2a39af6082#ht_66wt_1162

I'll bet there are Viet Namese buyers or Chinese buyers that would pay $10K easy for this if you could market it and find a buyer. There are Chinese/Viet Namese forums out there but you would have to have a way to complete a safe transaction and ship it safely. If anyone thinks we should keep this in the good ol USA, read the label on the back. "Made in Japan".

I have no dog in this hunt. I'm not sellin nuthin.
 
I had the same rack long ago, but mine had a miss mash of components in it and never looked so nice. I will say that the top and bottom shelves are particle board and should be replaced. Mine got a little damp in storage and fell apart.
 
Back
Top Bottom