• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Best linear tracker under $999?

If the counterweight is pretty close to the fulcrum, then it's (effective) mass is greatly diminished-in the case of normal/long arms, insignificant.
In your case, it may come somewhat into play because your arm is very short (am I?), but normally the CW mass is a VERY small contributor to eff mass.
What you add to the cart end is primarily what contributes to the eff mass. The weights are of different densities so you can keep them cloce to the fulcrum and thus not raise effective mass significantly.
 
Revox Tonearm mass... relief?!

I Believe I may just breath a loud sigh of relief...:sigh:

If I rerun all the sums based on 4gm effective arm mass and ignoring the counterweights it all works out fairly well.

The cartridges most people recommend come out quite well:

Shure V15VP 8.6Hz
Grado Prestige Series 10.7Hz
B&O MMC 10.3Hz
Ortofon OMP 8.6Hz

Which is pretty much spot on...
If anything I would only need to add a smidge of weight to some of the lighter ones.

I would still like feedback from a hardcore Revox guy who has some experience of tuning these arms/cartridge combinations. (here's hoping)

thank

David
 
Then you need to start your own thread.
No one is expecting that in this thread from its headline.

You will get pointed answers in your own thread.

Just start your own and cut and paste.


..
 
Back
Top Bottom