• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Best Looking Receiver of all Time

6cbf1b15c962d07a4bcfededf1957349.jpg
 
Hey thanks guys for posting your pics!.. needed break. and relaxing read for a Sunday. I might just screen grab some (of all) and keep sake for myself and future generations of class looking stuff. good pics, too.
---no offense.. just a little skew...
The op didn't say the receiver had to be 'electronic' because the best technical receiver of all time is the flush toilet. :D
 
My favorites!

Beautiful Yamaha Mark.

OK so I'll throw my limited experience...the one I'd most like to have (besides a Mac) for many reasons including looks is the Sansui 9090 or 9090DB. A beauty by all standards I would hope. I also loke the G's for looks and performance.

YES! I love the 9090db! I also really like the Pioneer Spec 1 pre and the Marantz 2385!
 

Attachments

  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 92
  • san20sui20909020db1_zps5cb16bcb.jpg
    san20sui20909020db1_zps5cb16bcb.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 93
  • marantz2385.jpg
    marantz2385.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
I also have to say that the Kenwood 9600 is pretty fantastic, especially with rack handles!
 

Attachments

  • 333371-kenwood_kr9600_receiver_totl.jpg
    333371-kenwood_kr9600_receiver_totl.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 86
I like it cleaner with less buttons. I also like fully aluminum casing with proper panel fit.
MAVEN-FR_zps21flfaks.jpg

Maven%20Amp6_zpsrh7walta.jpg

Maven%20Amp12_zpsut3y552r.jpg
 

Attachments

  • MAVEN-FR.jpg
    MAVEN-FR.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
There are several for me:

Akai AS-1080DB
Fisher RS-1080
Kenwood Eleven
Kenwood KR-9000G
Kenwood KR-9050
Kenwood KR-9600
Kenwood KR-10000
Kenwood KR-11000G
Marantz Model 2325
Marantz Model 2330
Marantz Model 2385
Marantz Model 2500
Marantz Model 2600
Marantz Model 4300
Pioneer SX-1250
Pioneer SX-1980
Realistic STA-2080
Realistic STA-2100
Sansui 7070
Sansui 9090
Sherwood S-9910 (like and idiot, I passed on one of these on the cheap once :P)
Sony STR-V7
Toshiba STA-7100
Yamaha CR-2020
Yamaha CR-3020
The entire Zenith (yes, ZENITH!) MC-70xx line

I am sure I am leaving some receivers out, but as you can see, I am not brand biased. lol I am a knob and switch junkie at heart, so for the most part, as long as it has tons of knobs, buttons, switches, and meters, then it's usually good in my books. lol ;)
 
for your consideration: Sony STR-7065. This has most likely been posted numerous times before, but i didn't appreciate how nice it is until i got hold of one.

19652668035_c686875f8e_b.jpg

I would have to say this Sony is one of the best if not the best looking.Not just because I have one.:banana:This and the Pioneer SX 3900 get my vote.
 
Back
Top Bottom