• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Best speaker score under $100

B&W DM610
Polk RT25i
PSB Alpha B
Minimus 7
Minimus 77
DIY 2-way

Bought all at auction for $70. Sold the 610s for $90 so better than free. Using the Alphas in the work shop. The Minimus 7 as presence and the 77 as backs in the HT setup. The RT am including in a package I've listed on CL. (So far no nibbles) The diy went to GW.
 
A set of mint complete with grills Marantz LS-16A speakers. I got them for free mid 2020 from a (then) local SPCA thrift on West Broadway Str. Vancouver BC Canada because they did of course have rotten woofer surrounds - initial asking price of $25 CAD for both by the way-. I replaced the surrounds, but I blew 6 months later both tweeters. So I ended up using them as stands for my TCL 85 inch 4K flatscreen I owned back then :dunno:.
 
Last edited:
Last year, I saw a FB listing for "speakers" with only one photo showing a corner of a Magnepans sticking out of a sleeping bag. I messaged the seller asking what model those are and what is his asking price. He said that those are LRS and he wants $50 for them. I said I will be there in 20 minutes. :-) Well, when I went to pick them up, they looked a lot bigger than LRS and a lot heavier. Anyway, for $50 I just loaded them (still in the sleeping bag) into my car and drove home. With a help from my son, I unloaded them and moved into the basement. It is then, when I fully removed the sleeping bag and noticed that I just got 1.6 QRs for $50. The only drawback of this deal was that I needed to upgrade my amplifier as the small Rotel I had wasn't up to the task of driving such big speakers.
 
Audes soul pair of towers and center channel. Exactly $100 and all new in the boxes and never used. The towers are in my family room and the center is in my basement home theater. Should I mention a pair of Hersey for $35, Ess AMT 1 for $2?
 
I just scored a pair of B&W 2003 ZMF for 45bucks, and on pick up he threw in a pair of Polk Audio OWMs for an extra 10
Before that I found a pair of ADS 620s in my garage, came from one of my in laws
Well, I just sold the OWM3s for 50 bucks and am looking at some Klipsch WB 14s for 50, if they’re still available when I drive back through that town. Maybe some Technics SB CR77s I just seen for 80
 
Last edited:
Marantz Imperial 6s, in like new condition about 7 years ago..$65

And recently, and they have been a huge surprise in that I have come to really like them: Bose 4.2s for $60. I bought them to flip (Bose sell fast) but cant part with them. Then have a very smooth overall sound with excellent midrange.

20260322_124825.jpg20260322_124845.jpg20260322_124909.jpg
 
1st pair of Boston Acoustic A40: $35.26
2nd pair of Boston Acoustic A40: $60.12
1st pair of Infinity RS10b: $48.00
2nd pair of Infinity RS10b: $43.21
1st pair of Baby Advent II : $40.75
2nd Pair of Baby Advent II: $40.04

Prices include shipping and all were from a certain auction site that was not ebay. They all go for double or stupid money on there today. Of course I had to refoam them all. Seems I commonly get 2 pairs of speakers I like and then sell one pair later, because I only have one pair of each now.
 
Back
Top Bottom